dog coming off

this is a good topic!

it just shows that the digging game ant always put a dog in and dig it out!

Knowing your dog and reading his body language is a important factor in the digging trade.

The dog sounds a good one, its a shame it almost fell under the spewing catagory because of somones ignorance.

keep thinking and listen to your dogs

all the best

jamie

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

why dig to a dead fox,and why would you expect a lakeland terrier to sit beside a dead fox till you dig down to it,if they kill the fox and wait for you to rescue them then they are not much use,and how long would you expect them to stay in an undigable place with a dead fox,judgeing by some of you on here it would have to stay with a dead fox till it starved to death,or if it came out you would call it a jacker and kill the dog anyway,

you talk like a c**t it the name of the game to dig for the dog whot if it trap and plus you want to see what going on when you brack in call your shen a terrier man Edited by deakin

Always trust your terrier.

Untill it lets you down, then consider your options.

If there is no trust, you dont have a partnership.

partnership is what you need with your dog and a man to leave is best mate down to ground is a wanker to me mate

Personally ,i would have been embarassed to have to dig that last two foot to prove what i knew already .Cant be the first time hes killed underground surely .Seen it too many times to get in a strop about it .Dog comes away with a mouthful of charlie fur and refuses to re-enter .To the 10 minute crew ,lol,this could be seen as jacking but it would be they who dug the last bit to disprove it .Knowing your individual terriers working style is as big a part of terrier work as the breeding.Do you want to perpetuate it ?I wouldnt use a killer in a deep spot personally but thats just me.

Once worked a huge bale stack with a pest controller that was being paid for the job .I entered a killer ,reason being either a dead fox or a bolt ,no middle road .Dog showed after an hour and i boxed him but the farmer went off on one not believing me .I calmly explained the situation but he was having none of it and who could of blamed him really ,he didnt know the dog but i did .A loader was sent for while i sat in the truck ,drinking coffee.2 layers down and not one but 2 freshly dead foxes were uncovered,3 meters apart.Farmer had to coff up another £20 ,bet he wished hed kept his mouth shut :clapper: .

Personally ,i would have been embarassed to have to dig that last two foot to prove what i knew already .Cant be the first time hes killed underground surely .Seen it too many times to get in a strop about it .Dog comes away with a mouthful of charlie fur and refuses to re-enter .To the 10 minute crew ,lol,this could be seen as jacking but it would be they who dug the last bit to disprove it .Knowing your individual terriers working style is as big a part of terrier work as the breeding.Do you want to perpetuate it ?I wouldnt use a killer in a deep spot personally but thats just me.

Once worked a huge bale stack with a pest controller that was being paid for the job .I entered a killer ,reason being either a dead fox or a bolt ,no middle road .Dog showed after an hour and i boxed him but the farmer went off on one not believing me .I calmly explained the situation but he was having none of it and who could of blamed him really ,he didnt know the dog but i did .A loader was sent for while i sat in the truck ,drinking coffee.2 layers down and not one but 2 freshly dead foxes were uncovered,3 meters apart.Farmer had to coff up another £20 ,bet he wished hed kept his mouth shut :clapper: .

at last we got a true hunting man on here that dos the job how it should be dun well don pal and i bet the farmer was sick

why dig to a dead fox,and why would you expect a lakeland terrier to sit beside a dead fox till you dig down to it,if they kill the fox and wait for you to rescue them then they are not much use,and how long would you expect them to stay in an undigable place with a dead fox,judgeing by some of you on here it would have to stay with a dead fox till it starved to death,or if it came out you would call it a jacker and kill the dog anyway,

you talk like a c**t it the name of the game to dig for the dog whot if it trap and plus you want to see what going on when you brack in call your shen a terrier man

no one mentioned a trapped terrier,you cant be confident in your dogs ability if you have to dig down to find the fox everytime you use it, and it dosnt do the setts much good either.

If you dont dig down and see than you never know we can all make excuses when they quite and say the kill it or did they just quite i would never keep a dog that did not stay till dug no exeptions

if it was a big dig and the dog came out afaer i long time i would still dig down till i brack in to the set to see whot as happed whot it matter if the set is damge afaer as long as you got dog and what ever els is in the set out 9 time out of 10 you cant go back any way Edited by deakin

mike how long would your dog stay with a dead fox in an undigable place.i just dont understand the need for all this digging for a dead fox or why .a dog would want to stay underground with a dead fox,either a bolt or a kill makes life a lot easier ..

i take it you wood leave your dog then and dig is the sport pal hard dig or not it the name of the game mate that how i look at it and all lad down my way all say same

i would never leave a dog i have had dogs in bad spot where i had to bring in help to get them and we always do and i know a day may come when i cant get to them it happens i know i couple of guys that lost dogs this year because they got in to undigable spots but i also can tell you this the dogs i have here will die in the ground before they would come out and i woudn.t have it any other way 1 i dug twice and she needed cpr and another time she was going in to shock and could hardly move from fighting so hard for so lond she has killed game in the ground and stays till i get there and if thy dont well boys its called culling and i think more of you should try it if it does not stay then you are only fooling your self into thinking it killed them game sometimes it might but then how do you know and if it did it still quite in my eyes

i would never leave a dog i have had dogs in bad spot where i had to bring in help to get them and we always do and i know a day may come when i cant get to them it happens i know i couple of guys that lost dogs this year because they got in to undigable spots but i also can tell you this the dogs i have here will die in the ground before they would come out and i woudn.t have it any other way 1 i dug twice and she needed cpr and another time she was going in to shock and could hardly move from fighting so hard for so lond she has killed game in the ground and stays till i get there and if thy dont well boys its called culling and i think more of you should try it if it does not stay then you are only fooling your self into thinking it killed them game sometimes it might but then how do you know and if it did it still quite in my eyes

that some dog you got whot way bread is she and im just saying dig to the end if dog cums away or not that me any pal but if the dog stop then to me it olny doing it job but some lads on here dont like big dig i would dig 15 foot for a ferret me mate and some lads say im mad but it the sport to me and if lads dont like diging why bother puting dog to ground that how i see it any way pal