well...one thing you should do is get a proper pair of shoes..the easiest way to do this is to look at your wet footprint after you get out the bath..go to a good sports wear outlet..usually an independent shop i have found in my experience are the best.then describe your footprint to them and they should be abl to provide you with a good shoe..I have used ASICS Cumulus for several years now..You can expect to pay around £80 for a decent trainer..

ASICS are good for me but i have also worn new balance,Saucony, northface and addidas with equally good results..

Its good to run..you cant beat the soltitude of pushing yourself over tht last hill :icon_redface: Good luck and keep us posted

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well...one thing you should do is get a proper pair of shoes..the easiest way to do this is to look at your wet footprint after you get out the bath..go to a good sports wear outlet..usually an independent shop i have found in my experience are the best.then describe your footprint to them and they should be abl to provide you with a good shoe..I have used ASICS Cumulus for several years now..You can expect to pay around £80 for a decent trainer..

ASICS are good for me but i have also worn new balance,Saucony, northface and addidas with equally good results..

Its good to run..you cant beat the soltitude of pushing yourself over tht last hill :icon_redface: Good luck and keep us posted

i like the fact i am alone all apart from the dog , i have planned out a route in my head & will add a bit on every week :thumbs:

i like the fact i am alone all apart from the dog , i have planned out a route in my head & will add a bit on every week :thumbs:

A good pair of running shoes is a must and would agree, you need to get to an independent store to get correct fitting and advice as you may need 1/2 sizes which I find impossible to get in the big stores. I used to play a lot of sport up until a couple of years ago and the best running shoes I had were the saucony but trainers come in all different widths so best to try as many on.

I don't road run but have a treadmill for the winter months. To get that little bit further each time is a great sense of achievement :thumbs: and a real buzz !

Lucky dog too :thumbs: Well done and keep going :)

Tracey x

:clapper: good for you, running is one of the best cardiovasculer and calorie burning excercise there are, and your dogs will love it too. The advice about running shoes is important and i would recomend that you go to a running shop, rather than any old sports shop, to get some proper advice this will cost a little more for the shoes but once you know what type you need then you can buy cheaper elsewhere.

Once again well done you.

Well done Kay :clapper: The only time I run is when one of the sprogs charges off somewhere :laugh: I'm happy in a gym, but no way would I take up running!

Oh i wouldnt dare do it in daylight :laugh:

i love running! i regret not signing up for the track team in school. i probably would have never won a race, but that wouldnt have bothered me lol

and i love going for a run with the dogs. now that hunting season is over and i dont have to worry about stray bullets we can get back to it - the only thing to worry about is the heat... but i figure i'll burn more calories if i carry bottles of water along! lol

I have started to go running just after dark so no one sees me :laugh: & already i feel better than i did a few weeks back , does anyone else run

lol no need to be emmbarased if anyone steres at u give them the middle finger :tongue2:

i ran in p.e today 300meters im 41 seconds imso tierd now lol