I take it after dealing with the carphone warehouse & getting your new account set up you did phone AOL to cancel your old account? A mate of mine didn't & they carried on charging for a couple of months until he realised, they still charged him for the full month then.

no was told i didnt have to as it was an upgrade, not a new account

Used to have AOL on the phone line for £16 a month. Changed to BT Broad band about 2 years ago.

Awesome connection and download speed etc but a bit pricey at £35 a month but we're business users with 24/7 service.

Good kit when it's working but been jerked about a bit when connection is lost 24/7 means they'll log your call! Cheers, D.

well,im with virgin and never had a problem from day one. cant fault them at all. :boogie:

snap,

5 years i've been with them and never had problem

i have BT and it the worst piece of shit ever, ive been on the fone most nights to them for at least 3 hours a time, and ive just been passed around departments in bangladesh or wherever, they feking useless,

my mate has reccomended virgin, and im going to sign up with them when i move house this month.

I had AOL for over 10 years and just "put up with it" until I almost had a breakdown over all the issues that AOL seems to ALWAYS be having. I was paying 39.99 a month for service that was about 30% of the week down or extemely slow. So when we moved to another state I secured a new provider, and when I called to cancel they offered me 6 months free and then 6 months for $9.95, and then the price in future after that year would be 19.99. I asked why in the heck I would stay with a company that had screwed me over that severely for all those years, that if they wanted to keep me they would retroactively credit my account. Of course she was "not authorized" to do that. And yes even though I canceled I got stuck paying 29 days extra as the day I canceled was 1 day after the billing hit my account. I would never ever ever go back to AOL for any reason, THAT'S how dissatisfied I am with their customer service. :censored:

well,im with virgin and never had a problem from day one. cant fault them at all. :boogie:

snap,

5 years i've been with them and never had problem

i have BT and it the worst piece of shit ever, ive been on the fone most nights to them for at least 3 hours a time, and ive just been passed around departments in bangladesh or wherever, they feking useless,

my mate has reccomended virgin, and im going to sign up with them when i move house this month.

the only problem i have with virgin is when i rang up to upgrade my broadbrand,

its never a good sign when you can here someone chasing a snake out the office with a stick

I've been with AOL for a few years, their call centre used to be in Ireland I think, well the technicians used to sound Irish.. :yes: ...They spoke better English than the thick feckers in Bombay!...AOL lost all my address's and couldn't sort the problem, few months later they lost them all again so now I'm going to O2.

Socks, if you use Internet Explorer instead of AOL's home page you won't loose your saved favourites every time AOL feck up.

Was with AOL but just too much downtime with constant connection problems ( could be due to our location ) decided to go with BT and have'nt had that many problems only the broardband connection seems really slow during peak times.

I've been with AOL for a few years, their call centre used to be in Ireland I think, well the technicians used to sound Irish.. :yes: ...They spoke better English than the thick feckers in Bombay!...AOL lost all my address's and couldn't sort the problem, few months later they lost them all again so now I'm going to O2.

Socks, if you use Internet Explorer instead of AOL's home page you won't loose your saved favourites every time AOL feck up.

how do i do that mike ??? .........