for the last 2 months i have been having dramas with my aol ... my home page wont load properly so i cant see the news and ALL my favourites have gone ... every time i ring they keep telling me the tchincians are on it a lot of people are have ing the same problem ... they have given me re bates on my bills but this is just not good enough .... is anybody else experiencing these problems ???????????

My daughter is with AOL and has had weeks and weeks of problems. She finally lost her temper with them and asked for the magic number, the 'engineer' dealing with her asked what she meant and she said, I want my migration authorisation code, NOW. The shmuck she was talking to passed her on to his suprvisor, and bugger me just 30 minutes later her internet access with AOL was fully restored, as if by magic. :whistling:

Try it if you're having problems, it might just work for you.

Your favourites should be still in a folder on your PC.....

look in........

My computer then...

local disk C.....

Documets and settings......then

look in the next group of folders depending on how many people use the pc, choose the relevant folder to you.....

you will find the favourites folder. in these folders....

its always handy to save them to a disc :thumbs:

I hope this helps you mate i know how it feels :drink:

look in........

My computer then...

local disk C.....

look in the next group of folders depending on how many people use the pc, choose the relevant folder to you.....

thanks mate but the internet favourites are not in there ..........

look in........

My computer then...

local disk C.....

thanks mate but the internet favourites are not in there ..........

Have you checked all the folders in the documents and settings folder? all users......default users and mine are in the final folder but this has my name in it......there should be a folder called favourites and they should be in there

If you cant see any folders then click .......tools.....folder options .....then veiw...then click show hidden folders then take a look......

let me know if you find them :thumbs:

Dont know where to start:

i had been with aol for 8 years with no problems, then a guy in carphone warehouse told me if i upgraded to aol talk we would get broadband, a wireless router, a free laptop plus free phone calls all for £24.99 per month

we gave them our bank details for the direct debit,

basically they were billing us the £24.99 plus still billing us the £17.99 which we used to pay before we upgraded, and they were taking it out every fortnight, my wife went into her bank and cancelled the direct debit, but money still kept coming from our account, there was not enough money left for them to keep taking money out, so the bank charged us £38 each time aol tried to take money, which was 3 times !,even though the direct debit was cancelled.

my wife went to the bank to see what was goin on and was told that aol had reinstated the direct debit themselves,

she came home and phoned aol and cancelled aol, they told her she would be billed for he remainder of our 24 month contract, but she told them she was going to see a solicitor about all the money they have stolen from us, she was told to keep the laptop and we will not recieve anymore bills from them

the Dirty Thieving b*****ds