Help me identfy crayfish!

Glad you guys cleared that up for me! i just enjoyed a delicious meal of thai green chilli crayfish with rice. Definately putting the trap out again!

Thanks for all your input! :notworthy:

Tyla,any chance of your recipe?I can get loads of Crays,just never bothered but that sounds appetising................ :icon_eek:

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

ok many folks might be fed up with this thread....not me

keep reading and more i read more i wanna give this a go.... so when me gets home im gonna have a word with local keeper who lets me shoot the estate ( salmon river runs thru it) ive already emailed scottish fisheries for details regarding law and licence,s etc....

ive looked up traps....so where do you guys buy yours from exactly and how do yoyu get on with them??? :)

this sounds like meal fit for a king... i do a lot of scuba diving (instructor ) and i get access to lobster scallops crab and squat lobsters etc etc....

but these crays sound sooo damn good and of course it combines my 2 passions in life diving and being out in the field/ country.

so murph please please think bout putting up a basic guide...... c,mon guys ask him for a basic guide....

"thai chilli crays"

mmmmm

possibilities indeed

:clapper:;)

paul w

yep, a guide would be good been thinking about doing this for a bit now

i think there is a web site somewhere where you can see the "hotspots" on a map ?

anybody seen this as well ?

cheers

anton

ok heres the latest on my attempt to find out the legal side o things for this up here in scotland

1)

ive send off to DEFRA for my info pack

2)

thought i better contact SEPA then they put me in contact with SNH whom then in turn looked in things a bit for me via the national fishiries board.

3)

been told

get this .....if i catch signal crayfish i have to dispatch of them on site with a swift whack to he head (SSPCA approved method) reason... im not allowed to transport them from catchment site alive ok fair enuff but..........

im not allowed to take em home dead either by law apparently and must therefore bring all me cooking shit and eat em on site!!!!!!!!! :wallbash:

getting more info allegedly form some people in various agencys but bl##dy hell!!!!! thata on top of a licence etc also... and more im told "restrictions"!

ah well

gotta see what else they come up with

and all this just coz i thought id better check the legal side coz loads o stuff is different form England and Wales

sauer

:thumbdown:

Right then I'll get one done sometime tomorrow, been busy today baiting traps, rook shooting and just off lamping now then hopefully Munty stalking in the morning. It's not rocket science but I hope it will help! :victory:

Regards,

Murph

after ringing the e,a.on friday, im getting sorted myself, i got no joy the first time , waited for 10 mins listening ,to handels bloody water music !, whilst on hold, only to be told the bloke i needed to speak too was,nt there, then i gets another twat who says they dont know which rivers they are in,and they cant help, the way i see it is , providing your lining their pocket its o,k, so the best thing to do says the e,a. man , test trap your local rivers, :wallbash: , so feck the e,a, go late and help yourself , cos no fekker else will.