new Invention

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Never seen the barbed wire trick, in fact I've never seen the bramble trick work in real life either!

you would use a bramble or a stick ,to push down a hole ,twist it,and hope to find some fur on it ,then dig along the tunnel and get your rabbit all the rest is a myth , in my opinion.

i have seen the dvd in question and the whole affair looked very amerturish to me ... the idea of extracting a live rabbit from a tube by using babrbed wire would never enter my head ... as i often say on these forums respect your quarry no matter whether it is the humble rabbit or an elegant red stag, and i dont feel that snagging the animal with barbed wire is showing much respect for your quaryy ... no the simple answer is to take tat little bit longer on locating the ferret in the first instance BUT if the rabbit does move a foot or two further up the tube then trench in it will take you 5 mins tops ...........

the bit of bramble trick, to find a stopped up rabbit does work,so barbed wire could do the same,but barbed wire to extract a rabbit :blink:

you'll notice, if you read all the post's, I was mistaken on watching the dvd, thinking that it was used to get live rabbits out, on re-watching the dvd, it's clear they are using it to reach, dead rabbits, killed by the ferts at the very end of a stop end, after reaching and removing a couple of live ones by hand

i cant belive all the shit on this thread,

to all you internet hunters let me tell you again , its not a myth, and its not even a new idea, its been done for generations, by lots of ferreters.

but like i said erlier its easy done on dead rabbits.

all stubby has done , is up-date it slightly with the holder

, and as far as respect goes , i love rabbiting and all wild life and would never intentionaly injure any animal.

what is it with this site, people have opinios on things they have never seen or even tryed.

just because they havent done it they think it cant be done

Guest bigredbusa
if a copper saw it he would do you for carrying an offencive weapon dont need to give them another reason to piss you about. YIS Pritch

so let me get this right , you go out with a spade / ferrets/ nets/ knife and if you get pulled by a copper he will nick you for have barbed wire in a tube ? lol .

what a load of bollox . get a grip !

a load of morons who have been in the game for 5 mins have jumped on something that has been done for years , i have never used it but i will give it a go if i can be bothered to make one .

if the rabbit is dead who gives a shit .

if a copper saw it he would do you for carrying an offencive weapon dont need to give them another reason to piss you about. YIS Pritch

granted, if someone was caught carrying that around on its own, the police may have something to say about it,

but if your carrying that, plus all your other ferreting gear, plus in my case my BPCA card, proving Im a bona-fide pest controller, then I doubt they would even ask

I havent read all the replies , but ive used a long flexible "stick" from the bramble bush plenty of times before and it works a treat, i hadnt actually thought of using barbed wire!!

Simply cut a length off and twist it down the hole and it gets results.