priests

how many ferreters still use a priest

i do :icon_redface:

cause i'm a bit squeemish when i feel the neck pop.. :sick:

and i'm afraid if i get too squeemish i might not do it as humanely as possible. I grew up shooting animals all the time, which when done right is very humane, but by hand you have to be confident or the poor thing will suffer, so i choose the more confident option for me which is a quick Hard blow and done

Yeah i know its a girly options lol.. but i'm a GIRL lol

Edited by lorelei0922
nothing wrong with using a priest, although I dont use one whilst ferreting, I do use one on the ferrel pidgeons whilst doing culling in my job,

hi,i still use a priest,,i think it,s a lot more humane,and saves bruising the meat behind the neck...............

Guest bigredbusa

never use a priest as a quick stretch does the job but lately after watching masmiffy i have been doing a chop behind the ears which is very quick .

it makes me feel 'well ard'

brucelee.jpg

Guest little_lloyd
I use a preist, especially on netted rabbits. Saves them from struggling for ten minutes while you try to untangle them, also faster for one man and his dog if you've alot going on.

Then neck them in the nets,, its not rocket science isit :blink:

Priests are for fish not rabbits :tongue2:

I use a preist, especially on netted rabbits. Saves them from struggling for ten minutes while you try to untangle them, also faster for one man and his dog if you've alot going on.

It is not always possible to quickly stretch/neck rabbits in the net as the net doesn't stretch enough, saying that I still neck rabbits although I have used a preist.

It is not always possible to quickly stretch/neck rabbits in the net as the net doesn't stretch enough

think LL means chin them in the net Lee.