Plummer terriers

I get the impression Bill might end up more of a hard dog than a bayer/bolter...only through his reaction to other dogs he has issues with :boxing: . you can never tell till he's seen a bit though....

still i am after dog that can do bits of everything, and if a farmer mentions having a problem with a fox i want to know he will do the job whichever way so i can keep my permission. not too many problem foxes over here though so its few and far between and often the earth isnt on the land that the problem is.

..i hope he isnt a dog that needs digging to all the time as i dont think my body would put up with that too often :icon_eek:lol ...that said prefer that to one that wont enter.... :icon_redface:

• Replies 650
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

..mmmmm well done !    You mentioned you "I actually had one myself" I presume this was red as my records say you only had red born 96 ..or did you re-invest?     Lol Glenn you love all this do

Thought you might be interested in this Jack, if you enjoyed the book,   This is a son of Omega's, a dog called Blue, he died in 1996 but was about 4 yrs old in this pic  

thanks.

Posted Images

Some good points raised there lads. Back on the working track,Does anyone or has anyone worked the "new blood" (bull oc.) to ground? They seem to be decent hunters from what i've seen on some forums and some very tidy lookers. (I know looks dont mean a lot,just an observation)I'm told they're a little more placid than the old blood temperament wise.

THIS QUESTION IS NOT ASKED TO STIR ANY CRAP ABOUT WHETHER IT SHOULD HAVE BEEN INTRODUCED OR NOT-THATS HAS BEEN DONE TO DEATH-ITS DONE,LIVE WITH IT!

I havent seen them work so cant comment. It would be nice to hear from those that do work them. :)

ive had some success with sassy. she is an oc bitch and has done a little. she is however to big to be an out an out earthdog. but has bolted a few foxes to date and is keen to start the winter doing any legal pest control. nothing special but does the job and is a first rate top dog

Some good points raised there lads. Back on the working track,Does anyone or has anyone worked the "new blood" (bull oc.) to ground? They seem to be decent hunters from what i've seen on some forums and some very tidy lookers. (I know looks dont mean a lot,just an observation)I'm told they're a little more placid than the old blood temperament wise.

THIS QUESTION IS NOT ASKED TO STIR ANY CRAP ABOUT WHETHER IT SHOULD HAVE BEEN INTRODUCED OR NOT-THATS HAS BEEN DONE TO DEATH-ITS DONE,LIVE WITH IT!

I havent seen them work so cant comment. It would be nice to hear from those that do work them. :)

ive had some success with sassy. she is an oc bitch and has done a little. she is however to big to be an out an out earthdog. but has bolted a few foxes to date and is keen to start the winter doing any legal pest control. nothing special but does the job and is a first rate top dog

thats all you need mate.

You did very well at YOUR OWN SHOW with YOUR OWN DOGS but because you don't show dog someone else did(eptr member?)with yours and your proud of the fact you did well :doh::laugh: .My terriers may well be shown at crufts then sold on,says it all about you glen it really does :doh::no: and others are the halfwits eh? ;):laugh: .

WHERES THE LIES STEVE IM WAITING nows who lieing..

Yes we did very well at the epts breed show under a kc judge that i had never met before

All three female veterans were bred by me, the male was out of a wyremead bitch.

Champion puppy and reserve champion junior.... to a dog i bred.

oh and best of breed toka's "bilbo" bred from wyremead alfie and wyremead nancy ... an oustanding dog :thumbs:

..come on steve your lacking again ... reread the post "my dogs may well be shown at crufts WHEN sold on ..not then sold on " doh ..like i said halfwits :boogie:

There you go a wasted mating (accidently on purpose of course) of a fantastic wyremead bitch to a massive oc dog ! One of the best working lines in the country polluted by pet bull blood dog!..(well done Brian great idea :thumbdown::wallbash: )..job sorted Imo of course,no offense intended.

Jesus Glen When you going to stop arguing with every one lol How you doing anyway mate?Good turn out at the show nice one mate.Good to know at least someone is looking after The Plummer Terrier interest's :)

There you go a wasted mating (accidently on purpose of course) of a fantastic wyremead bitch to a massive oc dog ! One of the best working lines in the country polluted by pet bull blood dog!..(well done Brian great idea :thumbdown::wallbash: )..job sorted Imo of course,no offense intended.

Although i no longer keep or work Plummer Terriers,Mostly because of the internal politics within the different clubs.I must admit that when i did,every one of them worked well and i have yet to see since then a Breed with a better nose.Mine would all go to ground,all would hunt Rat until they dropped!!!And all would work well together as a pack.We did have the odd fight here and there,Mostly started by the Male's,and yes i have to admit Plummers can be very bad fighters.But in saying that,most Terriers will fight it's in their nature.I think that too many people have messed around with the breed in recent years,And im sad to say that only a few of Brian's pure line still exist.

Edited by The Fox hunter

she is a big ugly brute. but handsome is as handsome does. :thumbs: (never mind you wouldnt understand)

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

If it ment my old plummer dog would die i would still wish for every plummer to drop dead tomorrow.

waste of time and money, moody, tempramentel, over rated shit.

Is that the old dog you recently mated to a plummer bitch :wallbash:

not accidentally on purpose, though if I'd known it would produce a bitch like sassy it would have been. Actually the massive oc dog, a grandson of pepsi, is no bigger than the fantastic wyremead bitch, both sharing the same grandam/gt grandam in pepsi, so yes I'd imagine Sassys nose is very good indeed...as is the nose of the bitch I kept back after a subsequent deliberate mating, and that of her sister.

"massive oc dog" Sassys sire,at the front of the photo..fantastic wyremead bitch behind him ;)

DSC_0170.jpg

Edited by Keeps

not accidentally on purpose, though if I'd known it would produce a bitch like sassy it would have been. Actually the massive oc dog, a grandson of pepsi, is no bigger than the fantastic wyremead bitch, both sharing the same grandam/gt grandam in pepsi, so yes I'd imagine Sassys nose is very good indeed...as is the nose of the bitch I kept back after a subsequent deliberate mating, and that of her sister.

"massive oc dog" Sassys sire,at the front of the photo..fantastic wyremead bitch behind him ;)

DSC_0170.jpg

A photo don't do it justice :clapper: (the bitch that is)nor the dog !!!!

Proposing that Pepsi's blood (18%)(though good ) gives "the required nose and hunting ability" nose is wrong..bad temepr from vandals son tizer (who we taped biting the judge 3 times maybe) think you'l find in time that the better noses shines through from firebird via luca...probably the best nosed plummer male yet and proven producer of the the cream of the working plummers about. :thumbs:

NOT ACCIDENTLY ON PURPOSE THEN ..... ACCINDENTLY..YEA RIGHT ..WE BELIVE YOU...

BIT LIKE ROTHYS JILL HAVING PUPS TO JACK BEFORE SHE WAS 12MONTHS OLD !! AFTER JACK CLIMBED THE 8FOOT CHAINLINK FENCE TO LINE HER. ...SUSPECT BREEDER !!

But IMO to actually want to introduce none working unknown pet bull dog blood into a very good if not top plummer line is for me diluting the cream into milk IMO of course ..nobody has yet to come up for a valid reason for it ..would love to hear one. Hence most breed back to the origanl ..stuff By doing a delibertae mating!