Plummer terriers

thanks wirral countryman for your honest reply i have a friend who as plummers who as been out on various digs with me,credit where credits due,they wil find there quarry,but they wont stay [bANNED TEXT] the going gets tough example when the fox wont bolt,which doesnt go down wel where i do pest control,it needs 2 be despatched as quickly as possible,sometimes these digs can take hrs,which is something i dont think a plummer is capable of doing by [bANNED TEXT] ive seen on many occasions,i have lakie types which i can work week in week out to fox, my bitches arnt hard and dont take much punishment on the other hand the dogs have more aggression and wil kill there quarry,im not convinced about this plummer thread my mate can walk the walk n talk the talk ,he knows plummers are weak thats why ez put lakie in them need i say anymore why dont you pm me with pics and prove me wrong if you dont want to put them on the thread atb no dissrespect pal :tongue2:

• Replies 650
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

..mmmmm well done !    You mentioned you "I actually had one myself" I presume this was red as my records say you only had red born 96 ..or did you re-invest?     Lol Glenn you love all this do

Thought you might be interested in this Jack, if you enjoyed the book,   This is a son of Omega's, a dog called Blue, he died in 1996 but was about 4 yrs old in this pic  

thanks.

Posted Images

it seems I have upset 1 or 2 people but you know what thats why we have so many different types of terrier,you buy the type that suits you not someone else,I've been out lots of times in my younger year's digging all day to hard terrier's and that don't suit me or where I work my dogs,I need a dog that is intelligent enough to know its job and do it well,on the estates and surrounding farms I have permission on I am expected to keep all vermin down by any means,russells and plummer's do the job for me and I like the way they work,I work all my dogs everyday and do not have space for a breed thats knocked up and can't work for weeks at a time,weekend hunter's have all week to rest their dogs and so they get time to rest up and heal,nobody is saying plummer's are better than other types of terrier,just that they work in a different way,you can get the same argument over lurcher's and different crosses,I don't like bull crosses but some do and will argue till blue in the face about their virtues,I will never keep one as I like a fast traditional style lurcher,so you see its all about personal likes and dislikes of different breeds that suit ourselves and our own needs,I will not change what you like nor you I,enjoy your hunting thats all that matter's,there's enough sh*t out there off anti's and police without us fighting over my dogs better than yours,we should enjoy it whilst we can as nobody knows how long it will be there,Yours in sport,wirralman

• Like 1
Guest dee mac

look on the gallary, plenty legaly caught fox, plenty digging pics. over 3000 pt club members, not 1 pic of a plummer doing earth work, PLUMMER not cross bred plummer, rest my case lol :notworthy::notworthy::notworthy:

alli,I know the reputation plummer terrier's have among working dog men and I would agree that while these pups are being bred for sale to the highest bidder 95% of them will never see earthwork,if the drive to breed recognised worker's of the right size was pursued as strongly as the pursuit of KC registration then we would see a change in attitude from people like yourself,if you have never worked this type of dog then you will not be aware of its ability.Picture's can be put up but what does that prove?I've seen picture's put up on here of dogs smashed up and all and sundry come on and congratulate them,why?I've kept most types of terrier and have plenty of pics of dogs smashed up with dead foxes and I learnt my lessons the hard way on some mega-digs taking up to 2 days,the plummer's I have owned are a clever little dog and are not any different than a good leggy russell,if they can bolt a fox clean they will,your red dogs,fells,lakies etc are not very bright upstairs and try to kill everything they come into contact with,every earth becomes a dig and your stuck there half the day at the first hole you come to,thats not a very efficient use of your time or dog,then the dog is laid up for 2wks while it heals up.I can do all the earth's on a farm or estate while your still digging at the first,sometimes,especially at the beginning of the season I find some dogs go in too hard and get chewed up a bit but then for the rest of the season they settle down to what they do best,bolting,some can be called from the earth,a very handy thing when your somewhere you should'nt be, I'd love to see you call your dog out of an earth,I have seen a couple of very hard plummer's that were too hard for me to work regular and were every bit as tough as a fell or lakie but they tended to be a bit bigger than mine,these are my own experiences and have gave an honest account,not every plummer plays with rats,atb,wirralman

do you dig over your terrier wirrman? how do you rate his staying ability if so?

wirrall man id like too see you do the earths we hunt in a day with your so called educated dogs and get results as for caling them out i dont think you d have too as they d probably be standing at your heels refusing to enter you actually have the nerve to say in so many words that your bolters are better than proper earth dogs :thumbdown: prat you keep telling yourself that and maybe one day you ll believe it i personally think your actually just a lazy person who is nt prepared too put the hard work into rearing and working a proper earth dog so you ve settled for a very poor second best killing rats the staple work of the common house cat.

ive aqllways prefared a bolter to a digging dog. i wouldnt thank you for a stay till dug to dog. if you cant see the benefits a good bolting terrier brings. then its your loss. i admire a good digging dog but wouldnt own something that is counter productive in the way i work my dogs. if you prefare to dig all day to a dog thats fine by me. why do you feel the need to slate dogs that can put 5 or six out to the gun in the same time scale. :blink: a GOOD bolting dog is worth two digging dogs in my book. and leaves your prefared terriers workstyle in the shade. and a very poor second best. :thumbs:

cleanspade your talking rubbish a bolting dog is limited and did you not read the part of my post were i said that these educated bolting type dogs would not get a result in the earths we hunt only proper never give up working terriers that are not stupid hard they have too use there brains and there brawn too get the job done and too be honest there the only terrier in my book that can be classed as a proper working terrier thats my opinion and i wont be changing it as i ve been lucky to have owned and worked this type of terrier and have no intention of settling for second best

look on the gallary, plenty legaly caught fox, plenty digging pics. over 3000 pt club members, not 1 pic of a plummer doing earth work, PLUMMER not cross bred plummer, rest my case lol :notworthy::notworthy::notworthy:

alli,I know the reputation plummer terrier's have among working dog men and I would agree that while these pups are being bred for sale to the highest bidder 95% of them will never see earthwork,if the drive to breed recognised worker's of the right size was pursued as strongly as the pursuit of KC registration then we would see a change in attitude from people like yourself,if you have never worked this type of dog then you will not be aware of its ability.Picture's can be put up but what does that prove?I've seen picture's put up on here of dogs smashed up and all and sundry come on and congratulate them,why?I've kept most types of terrier and have plenty of pics of dogs smashed up with dead foxes and I learnt my lessons the hard way on some mega-digs taking up to 2 days,the plummer's I have owned are a clever little dog and are not any different than a good leggy russell,if they can bolt a fox clean they will,your red dogs,fells,lakies etc are not very bright upstairs and try to kill everything they come into contact with,every earth becomes a dig and your stuck there half the day at the first hole you come to,thats not a very efficient use of your time or dog,then the dog is laid up for 2wks while it heals up.I can do all the earth's on a farm or estate while your still digging at the first,sometimes,especially at the beginning of the season I find some dogs go in too hard and get chewed up a bit but then for the rest of the season they settle down to what they do best,bolting,some can be called from the earth,a very handy thing when your somewhere you should'nt be, I'd love to see you call your dog out of an earth,I have seen a couple of very hard plummer's that were too hard for me to work regular and were every bit as tough as a fell or lakie but they tended to be a bit bigger than mine,these are my own experiences and have gave an honest account,not every plummer plays with rats,atb,wirralman

do you dig over your terrier wirrman? how do you rate his staying ability if so?

wirrall man id like too see you do the earths we hunt in a day with your so called educated dogs and get results as for caling them out i dont think you d have too as they d probably be standing at your heels refusing to enter you actually have the nerve to say in so many words that your bolters are better than proper earth dogs :thumbdown: prat you keep telling yourself that and maybe one day you ll believe it i personally think your actually just a lazy person who is nt prepared too put the hard work into rearing and working a proper earth dog so you ve settled for a very poor second best killing rats the staple work of the common house cat.

ive aqllways prefared a bolter to a digging dog. i wouldnt thank you for a stay till dug to dog. if you cant see the benefits a good bolting terrier brings. then its your loss. i admire a good digging dog but wouldnt own something that is counter productive in the way i work my dogs. if you prefare to dig all day to a dog thats fine by me. why do you feel the need to slate dogs that can put 5 or six out to the gun in the same time scale. :blink: a GOOD bolting dog is worth two digging dogs in my book. and leaves your prefared terriers workstyle in the shade. and a very poor second best. :thumbs:

cleanspade your talking rubbish a bolting dog is limited and did you not read the part of my post were i said that these educated bolting type dogs would not get a result in the earths we hunt only proper never give up working terriers that are not stupid hard they have too use there brains and there brawn too get the job done and too be honest there the only terrier in my book that can be classed as a proper working terrier thats my opinion and i wont be changing it as i ve been lucky to have owned and worked this type of terrier and have no intention of settling for second best

you have to defend what you believe. i wouldnt expect anything else :thumbs: all terriers are limited to some degree. by there workstyle or the earths you work them in. where my dogs would fail in your earths. your dogs would perish in some of the earths i do. stay all day dogs have to be admired by terrier lads as thats the yardstick they are measured against. and i agree they are the top of the tree in the world of the earthdog but they aint the most usefull in pest control. a good bolting terrier is the dog for me.

having said that i allways bring my dogs on from pups and as anyone knows you only know what your getting when it is entered. and whatever i get i keep be it hard. or a yapper. i use it to the best of my ability. hats off to all terriers that go to ground . :thumbs:

the only terrier i wont keep is a useless one.

seen a few plummers nt one made the grade and not one was any good to ground or stayed, and heard of a few an none of them made the grade nor did they stay, they aint the choice for a proper terrier man for a reason

well this one would give any terrier a run for its money any day

seen a few plummers nt one made the grade and not one was any good to ground or stayed, and heard of a few an none of them made the grade nor did they stay, they aint the choice for a proper terrier man for a reason

Which of their lines was she from.(They have 2 lines i believe)

i cant be 100% but i think she was the older line of the two .im not realy that clued up in lines and breeding but she was a belter

some people actually keep digging dogs so they can dig to them.A test for the dog and a test for the man

i cant be 100% but i think she was the older line of the two .im not realy that clued up in lines and breeding but she was a belter

Thats the one. :thumbs:

Tell you what if i had the chance i would have wee ruby rather than the wee riot any day not sure john would agree but really liked ruby :thumbs:

Thats the one. :thumbs:

Their line started with Coalport Jack [ Inglebrae Ben x Moorgate Red] & Jill [Coalville Billy x Coalport Silent Whisper] Stormy. Remlap was added later.

Edited by Keeps