Plummer terriers

• Replies 650
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

..mmmmm well done !    You mentioned you "I actually had one myself" I presume this was red as my records say you only had red born 96 ..or did you re-invest?     Lol Glenn you love all this do

Thought you might be interested in this Jack, if you enjoyed the book,   This is a son of Omega's, a dog called Blue, he died in 1996 but was about 4 yrs old in this pic  

thanks.

Posted Images

Well like i said i may be wrong but he was known to be a little untruthfull. hnece our friondship dies raopid when plujmmer grassed him up to me.

By the way he did many linebreedings to son mother extra.Infact I owned one a double rocky bred bitch ,called ruby from summerbird .

nobody will ever know for sure,only curtis as the breeder can know the truth.

i must admit that breeding that rough coated bitch had me thinking,then i heard the rumour of masks breeding BUT as with all conspiracy theories theres a glitch.

If mask was was out of quest,then mated to his own mother how could the resulting litter have been one black,two tan and one shatter marked.All smooth coated and infact if anything tighter coated than mask/alice offspring.surely one of the pups would have been rough coated.

WELL FELLAS ,

MY ONLY INPUT INTO THIS DEBATE .......... IS TO SAY THAT IVE SEEN OVER A DOZEN CURTIS DOGS " WORK " A LOT TRI - COLOURED ...... THOUGH THATS MAYBE NOT THE BEST TERM ................. AND THE BEST OF THE BUNCH CAME AWAY AFTER 20 MINUTES TO GROUND AND THERE AFTER NEVER ENTERD AN EARTH AGAIN !!!!!!!

DUCKWING

WELL FELLAS ,

MY ONLY INPUT INTO THIS DEBATE .......... IS TO SAY THAT IVE SEEN OVER A DOZEN CURTIS DOGS " WORK " A LOT TRI - COLOURED ...... THOUGH THATS MAYBE NOT THE BEST TERM ................. AND THE BEST OF THE BUNCH CAME AWAY AFTER 20 MINUTES TO GROUND AND THERE AFTER NEVER ENTERD AN EARTH AGAIN !!!!!!!

DUCKWING

I have to disagree duckwing,my mate nightowl bought a dog off Curtis about 20yrs ago,this little fella stayed untill dug to every time,if he had a fault it was that he was a touch too chesty for the earths we have round here,sometimes took a while to dig up to his fox,but once on terms he never backed off,he did take a lot of stick resulting in him being laid up for a couple of weeks at a time,Curtis tried to get a pup out of him and so did I over my russell at the time,but he was sterile,to my knowledge he never produced a pup which was a shame as he went back to some old lines,my mate is looking for the paperwork that came with the dog and if he finds it I will put it up,a jacker he certainly was'nt,a bit too hard if anything,it was just like going out with my lakie bitch,a dig every time,atb,wirralman

Its not really a case of disagreeing,if thats what Duckwing has seen then thats his experience.Thinking about it ive never even seen a dozen of curtis,s dogs to ground.

There isnt a terrier or lurcher type that hasnt been argued about on this forum,its the individuals personal experience that shapes his ideas about a breed or line of dogs.

Its not really a case of disagreeing,if thats what Duckwing has seen then thats his experience.Thinking about it ive never even seen a dozen of curtis,s dogs to ground.

There isnt a terrier or lurcher type that hasnt been argued about on this forum,its the individuals personal experience that shapes his ideas about a breed or line of dogs.

yes pointer, you're right,we can all only speak on what we see with our own eye's,I can't speak for the rest of Curtis's line's being good earth dogs and I have no doubt's that what duckwing say's is his own experience,that is why this forum remains so interesting,it is read by many,across a vast public domain,all with an input on the way they've seen and done it,long may it continue,good honest experience's and opinions are alway's welcomed for healthy debate on the future of our dogs and sport,yis,wirralman

this palce was were i lost shona as well, a rocky firebird bitch ..to ground at fox ! Methane.

Did you get the fox though Glenn...?lol

Nope we didnt as my hands were a lttle tired (having no spades) and she and it was about 6 inchs out of reach ..see were training a dog pup called.

Ned the six month old pup (i bred)..from a previuose litter from ben found the hole and so before we got there both were to ground ...Ned was eventualy lost "at our mutual friends place" with his aunty gaffle who turned up later in a barn..the pup never returned "our mutual friend" new the spot were they had gone in..suggest you ask him the rest!.

TRAPPING AND RELLEASING MINK is illegal by the way... some lads our always asking me for a trapped mink to show there pups .."ask our mutual friend " :thumbs:

I wrote an article for the usa magazine "full cry" ..within the pages they sell wire caged balls to train racoons hounds...terribly ...cruel.

Well like i said i may be wrong but he was known to be a little untruthfull. hnece our friondship dies raopid when plujmmer grassed him up to me.

By the way he did many linebreedings to son mother extra.Infact I owned one a double rocky bred bitch ,called ruby from summerbird .

nobody will ever know for sure,only curtis as the breeder can know the truth.

i must admit that breeding that rough coated bitch had me thinking,then i heard the rumour of masks breeding BUT as with all conspiracy theories theres a glitch.

If mask was was out of quest,then mated to his own mother how could the resulting litter have been one black,two tan and one shatter marked.All smooth coated and infact if anything tighter coated than mask/alice offspring.surely one of the pups would have been rough coated.

Like you say who nows ...unless you know the pedigree of quest then the answer lies there , i was told the pedigre of quest (it figures easyily)

I could go on for ever about the unturths I have pics and vidoes of many of his early terriers then called "plummers" i asked him why he charged the same amount for a rough black and white as i did for my rocky firebird copper and white "there plummer terriers" nope we had a standard ...he was a money man as was dbp and legion.

I BOOKED MY SHONA WHEN SHE WAS LINED TO ROCKY PAID UP £125 VIDOED HER AT HIS PLACE EVERYWEEK TILL 8 WEEKS THEN HE TREID TO SELL HER TO SOMONE ELSE IN FRONT OF ME ..SAYING I WAS WRONG HE WANTED ME TO HAVE THE INFERIOR MEGAN ..AS THE OWNER WAS ACCORDING TO DBP A ULSWATER TERRIERMAN TURNED OUT HE WAS A LURCHERMAN AND MOUCHER..CURTIS WAS SEEKING GLORY BY SELLING TO A FAMOUS PACK AND WAS WILLING DO DO ME OVER FOR FAME!

THAT WAS THE FIRST TIME I RELAISED HE WAS NOT TO BE TRUSTED SUBSEQUENTLY IT WAS PROVEN RIGHT..THE MAN ADMITTED HE WAS CAUGHT OUT TO ! ASK STEVE HAYWOOD A PAZZAZ GENA OWNER ..WHO WAS TOLD THE DAM WAS SMOOTH COATED AND RED AND WHITE CALLED JAEL ....MOTERWAY JUNCTION MAN I CALL CURTIS .

WELL FELLAS ,

DUCKWING

THATS BECAUSE HE OUTCROSSED TO PARSONS YEARS AGO HE STOPPED BREEDING PUREBREDS YEARS AGO...

THE REASON WHY HE WOULDNT HAVE ANYTHING TO DO WITH CLUBS IS HE WANTED TO OUTCROSS BUT WAS ALLWAYS WANTING HOMES FOR HIS PUPS AS WERE ALL THE HOMELESS WHO BENEFIT FROM OUR ADVERTISING ...MONEY MONEY MONEY GRABBERS.

yes pointer, you're right,we can all only speak on what we see with our own eye's,I can't speak for the rest of Curtis's line's being good earth dogs and I have no doubt's that what duckwing say's is his own experience,that is why this forum remains so interesting,it is read by many,across a vast public domain,all with an input on the way they've seen and done it,long may it continue,good honest experience's and opinions are alway's welcomed for healthy debate on the future of our dogs and sport,yis,wirralman

If it wasnt for cutis good furtune of plummer giving him the 12 dogs there wouldnt be a breed.

I have dug with some of the dogs curtis owned "bred elswhere by the way"..seen his early stuff from alice and rupert work NYAD MEANED TO and seen some crawl due to being crippled. I have also bred cripples and workers..PLUMMERS WORK AS GOOD AS ANY BREED..ESEPCILY MINE !

The best of the best come from polits rocky and brians firebird ....never seen so many good reports on any others ..they outshine all.

I have 3 lines form firebird.

Plummer tied them dogs up to Curtis's gate and imo plummer wained his responcibilty of the breed when he did that,good fortune??????? only he could answer that i recon :thumbs: .

Curtis had good fortune as did the breed and the clubs i certainly had fortune form but always said to plummer he should have given barad to me not Proteus as she was wasted..Curtis and Brian did well from the club! ..until he got cut off! by his own doings ...and went and used a parson/white fell.

yes apparently he tied them to the gates of his bungalow which housed a piggery but is now now a massive stable block owned by a policeman.. 10miles from me ..but on reflection i don't believe this from Curtis either...in fact i believe very little from either plummer or Curtis now and the rest of the divys who profess to have the breed at heart ..in fact just now 10minutes ago Ive had a man who new plummer and is still grieving for him (his own words) on the phone wanting to sell a double dvd of a plummer relating too plummers... shepherds... and "loads of interesting stuff" I'm to call back tomorrow to bargain with him..that should be interesting.

Apparently "you will be shocked at what he put into plummer terriers" ...nope i will not mate! we will see.

Besides anything before my register has little if not influence.

Edited by EPTR

TRAPPING AND RELLEASING MINK is illegal by the way... some lads our always asking me for a trapped mink to show there pups .."ask our mutual friend "

I know it is Glenn and so it should be, I believe that they should enter naturally.I don't think that the practice teachs pups anything a bit like end hole work.They learn far more if they enter naturally and work their quarry in its natural environment.