Favourite authors?

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest ROOSTER
Dont really have a preferred author as such, a book has to reach out and grab me........but some I have enjoyed are

J

Sven Hassel

yes WILF some of his stuff is good the earlier stuff been the best(legion of the damned)although their is a lot that say his stuff was written by his wife and that hassel was not in a panzer regiment, he was a dane and called pederson before taking his mothers surname, he was in prison where some reckon he got the information about various battles from members of a panzer crew who where in the same prison a bit like brian plummer really.

Edited by ROOSTER

Agree with you Rooster, Hassell writes a good yarn......it entertaining and thats all.

Not to be taken as fact........

Stabs, if you like stuff about the wermacht campaign in the east, then a very good factual book is by a fella called Gottelob Herbert Biederman........excellent book.........the title escapes me at the moment, but I will dig it out.

• 1 month later...

Big fan of Cormac Mccarthy, Fantastic books, no country for old men, Blood Meridian.. top notch

Also like Chuck Palhaniak (sp) wrote fight club bit his other books choke etc are as good..

But My favourite book ever is the james joyce classic the Dubliners.. Fantastic read :clapper:

mine has to be the argos catalouge, not quite sure who wrote it :laugh:

nah seriously only read about 5 books in my life, cant sit still long enough to

mr nice - howard marks autobiography is a good read and the guvernor, lenny mcleans autobiography is oretty good

Stupid white men by Michael Moore is an informative look into todays America.

right wing liberal whacko :censored:

James Herriot and Laura Ingalls Wilder are my two all time favorite authors who I could read over and over

Phillip Pullman who wrote His Dark Materials trilogy, including The Golden Compass, The Subtle Knife, and The Amber Spyglass. Listened to them on CD when driving 2,600 miles 6 times in 3 weeks when we moved to Missouri, they were great.

sven hassel,

george orwell (1984 was best of the lot tho),

jeramy clarkson ( dont stop me now)

ranulph fiennes (mad, bad and dangerious to know, Capt scott),

joe simpson (touching the Void, this game of Ghosts)

and at the minute Capt Scotts Journals

Edited by borntohunt