Favourite authors?

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

anything really tolkien, trash 70s skinhead novels, 50s beat authors kerouac and his ilk, classics like hardy, dickens et al,some russian stuff, french german,,in translation, icelandic sagas, autobiogs, history books, i like the Sassoon stuff read his poetry too, i guess i'll read pretty much anything, my literary tastes are pretty varied,

although at the minute im reading tyrannosaurus reg, tom my 2 year old thinks its great...lol

:drink: I have not read a book in 20 years,...I have no concentration span,...my mind is gone,..shot,.kaput,.finito...an ex-mind... :laugh:

I've even 'revued ' books for folk and given my in -depth opinion ,.but in truth,...have never even opened the feckers,.... :laugh:

My life is exciting and full of drama,...who needs a book.....

Mind you,..Ernest Hemingway was my pal,...we used to drink,.smoke and fornicate with fat gals together,..and he was a bit handy with the ball point.

Cheers,.hic,...CHALKWARREN... :drink::drink::drink:

Thats me these days CW :yes:. I have a virtual libary of Falconry Books, Shooting, and other field sports! I pick them up with the Intention of reading them again but fail at the first hurdle. some of these books I loved and would even as a kids lay under the covers when I was supposed to be asleep for school in the morning reading them with a torch....

My Concentration has gone now and Multi tasking is clean out of the window....

ATB

Jasper

I will read just about anything that holds my attention.

Tess Gerritsen and Alex Kava write very good thrillers, I went off Stephen King a bit, his earlier stiff was better than any of the later stuff I read.

I'm reading Jeremy Clarkson's Don't stop me now at the moment which is good, I like his books, even though they are made up of his sunday times column.

I like a bit of Chick Lit too because i'm a bit of a sappy girl at times. :laugh:

A good autobiography, just read Gordon Ramsay's.

To be fair, i'll read anything. :D

like till reciept's you mean.............bank account statements, telephone bill, :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

I read alot and will read just about anything. My favorite authors change quite regularly. At the moment I am re reading Daphne Du Maurier 'Frenchmans Creek'. Not read that for about 10 years. I like all the discworld novels by Terry Pratchett and when I was younger I wanted to own The Luggage. :icon_redface:

Dont really have a preferred author as such, a book has to reach out and grab me........but some I have enjoyed are

John William Corrington

George C. Chesbro

Sven Hassell

Dr. Keith Simpson

Some of the more factual stuff on serial killers........ in fact allmost anything that chronicals the depths of cruelty human beings can sink to.

I intend to read Mien Kampf at some point..............

I intend to read Mien Kampf at some point..............

It's quite interesting Wilf....not the best written book in the world, but then that hardly mattered.

Here's a good one you'd love mate....Pawn of War by Rudi Stiebnitz.

It's autobiographical about when he joined the fight against the Soviets in 1942 and his subsequent years in a Siberian prisoner of war camp.

I met him the other day and he signed my copy. Top man.