Just been watching a Dean Macey thing on You tube the Scotland tour. 

Pretty good actually. They went after common skate near Oban, similar place to where we went couple year back. 

Unreal, for the normal fisherman I would recommend getting up there for a trip. This for me is the UK equivalent of a massive Ebro cat, Canadian Sturgeon or Thailand Aripayma but affordable. Obviously take a risk with weather but it is so sheltered up there in them bays that you should get our.

We went for a few night, couple days fishing, all caught massive fish. My two biggest were 217 and 204.......probably never be beaten.

Screenshot_20240416_002445_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20240416_002109_Gallery.jpg

• Like 17
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, South hams hunter said:

Well done mate, is that Kevs boat? Loads of the lads are landing them from the shore  now and it's something I'll definitely be doing over the next few years

Yes mate, Kevs boat. Best skipper I ever went out with. Finally found a good one.....then he jacked to go commercial! 

Messaged him a couple month ago actually and he is back doing holidays but elsewhere in the world now, Norway and New Zealand etc.

I've fished with kev quite a bit, cod in the mersey and sharks and conger from Plymouth. I booked on for the skate but had to cancel so never got round to it. His boat is over in Canada now

• Like 2
1 hour ago, DIDO.1 said:

I've fished with kev quite a bit, cod in the mersey and sharks and conger from Plymouth. I booked on for the skate but had to cancel so never got round to it. His boat is over in Canada now

It was the shark trip we were wanting to get on after the skate but he packed in to go commercial bass fishing from memory. Top lad 👍

1 minute ago, ryaldinhio said:

It was the shark trip we were wanting to get on after the skate but he packed in to go commercial bass fishing from memory. Top lad 👍

We had a good do at sharks on one trip, all caught plenty plus two at 100lb

• Like 3
3 hours ago, ryaldinhio said:

Yes mate, Kevs boat. Best skipper I ever went out with. Finally found a good one.....then he jacked to go commercial! 

Messaged him a couple month ago actually and he is back doing holidays but elsewhere in the world now, Norway and New Zealand etc.

Never been out with him but know plenty that have and seen plenty of his posts with him out of Plymouth for so long.

• Like 1
23 hours ago, ryaldinhio said:

Just been watching a Dean Macey thing on You tube the Scotland tour. 

Pretty good actually. They went after common skate near Oban, similar place to where we went couple year back. 

Unreal, for the normal fisherman I would recommend getting up there for a trip. This for me is the UK equivalent of a massive Ebro cat, Canadian Sturgeon or Thailand Aripayma but affordable. Obviously take a risk with weather but it is so sheltered up there in them bays that you should get our.

We went for a few night, couple days fishing, all caught massive fish. My two biggest were 217 and 204.......probably never be beaten.

Screenshot_20240416_002445_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20240416_002109_Gallery.jpg

Now that's AWESOME! Don't know they got that big always though they where little bitty critters. 

• Like 1

They must put up some fight . I remember when i was in Tenerife and standing on one in the sea that was about the same diameter as a wooden pallet that threw me off my feet and then telling the old woman i nearly had a Steve Irwin moment then in the sea she obviously didn't believe me until she saw some one else paddling out that it did the same.