26 minutes ago, chartpolski said:

No, Wilfy mate, it’s not blokes throwing dogs out of car windows that are keeping the lurcher game going, and I think you said that a bit tongue in cheek !

Its old blokes like me who walk the land, day and night, and try not to attract attention who keep it going.

Its what we do, nothing more , nothing less.

Its what we enjoy……

Cheers.

I know your tongue in cheek . 

me and you have an acquaintance in common, (GH) , he ain’t exactly mr morals when it comes to running dogs but if you wanted summat that’s had the hammer night after night , who do you go to ? 

mr sensible or the geezer throwing dogs at stuff in places he has no right to be ? 

it’s a no brainer 

• Like 1

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

gone a the days walking off the back fields with a couple of hares or bambi over the shoulder threw the estate and home such a massive change in 20 years imagine in another 20

Made ends meet by squeaking up Charley for the pelts Squirrel tails Jays wing Rabbits etc. Different days they just twat every thing now with night sights. Keepers from the bordering estate to one of

The coursing game and hunting with dogs the laws surrounding it have changed beyond imagination that some of us older generation could ever imagine in such a short space in time and not only is it the

Posted Images

48 minutes ago, WILF said:

One thing I will say, the lads driving fields and posting on Facebook (whatever anyone thinks of it) DID NOT f**k up hunting, Blair, Banks and a million quid did that.

As the OP proves it’s a bridge too far now for many lads to hunt lurchers, it’s the lads who are out saying “f**k the old bill” and chucking big machines of dogs out of car windows who will keep honest working lurchers alive……no tidy clean, mortgage and job and family to support lad is going to be doing that any more.

As far as I’m concerned the lads out not giving a shit are only giving a “f**k you” back to the powers that be and good for them I say.

Not gonna argue with you mate but cruising the fields churning up mud and throwing a jukel out the window ain’t Lurcher work to me 

• Like 7
Just now, poachers apprentice said:

Not gonna argue with you mate but cruising the fields churning up mud and throwing a jukel out the window ain’t Lurcher work to me 

I don’t think my mate is insinuating it is , but it certainly delivers more stuff at the dogs. And is how some lads have to operate . 

your in a unique situation where your location is stacked against you and the law is too restrictive to carry on 

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

I know your tongue in cheek . 

me and you have an acquaintance in common, (GH) , he ain’t exactly mr morals when it comes to running dogs but if you wanted summat that’s had the hammer night after night , who do you go to ? 

mr sensible or the geezer throwing dogs at stuff in places he has no right to be ? 

it’s a no brainer 

I’m honestly not sure what you mean. Stiffy ? 
I know WHO you mean, but not WHAT you mean. 
I’ve been out with lads who ran bull types out of a motor after big game, ( just the once) , and it was an experience i’ll never forget, and I’m glad I experienced it, but it wasn’t my game; I’m just a bloke who runs running dogs.

Cheers.

• Like 1
13 minutes ago, poachers apprentice said:

I wasn’t looking for argument either mate.

My point was, nobody is going to be breeding many good dogs of various types out of photographs and memories.

The big working dogs future is in the hands of lads who couldn’t give two fucks, that is undeniable imho. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
58 minutes ago, chartpolski said:

No, Wilfy mate, it’s not blokes throwing dogs out of car windows that are keeping the lurcher game going, and I think you said that a bit tongue in cheek !

Its old blokes like me who walk the land, day and night, and try not to attract attention who keep it going.

Its what we do, nothing more , nothing less.

Its what we enjoy……

Cheers.

It absolutely wasn’t tongue in cheek mate, but I completely respect your opinion.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, WILF said:

I wasn’t looking for argument either mate.

My point was, nobody is going to be breeding many good dogs of various types out of photographs and memories.

The big working dogs future is in the hands of lads who couldn’t give two fucks, that is undeniable imho. 

Exactly , people giving it all nudge nudge wink wink but Andy posts a picture up and people spunk in their pants 

• Like 2
12 minutes ago, chartpolski said:

I’m honestly not sure what you mean. Stiffy ? 
I know WHO you mean, but not WHAT you mean. 
I’ve been out with lads who ran bull types out of a motor after big game, ( just the once) , and it was an experience i’ll never forget, and I’m glad I experienced it, but it wasn’t my game; I’m just a bloke who runs running dogs.

Cheers.

What I’m saying is in short that most dog lads who run like that , don’t give a f**k about anything , including the dogs . 

It’s hard to put into words but If a dog in bad hands is still producing the goods , it’s worth breeding from , surely you can see that ? 

Just now, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

What I’m saying is in short that most dog lads who run like that , don’t give a f**k about anything , including the dogs . 

It’s hard to put into words but If a dog in bad hands is still producing the goods , it’s worth breeding from , surely you can see that ? 

Still not getting it mate ? 
Who mentioned breeding ?

Some of the best dogs I’ve seen have been owned by people I wouldn’t deal with , and some of the best dogs have, usually, been owned by lads that know the game .

Thats just life……you soon find out the wasters if your in this game long enough.

These days I just do what I want to do, if I need a pup, I know who I can trust, if I want a walk out with someone, it’s my decision, if I make a mistake, that’s my fault….no point in crying about it, just move on.

Cheers.

• Like 2
1 minute ago, chartpolski said:

Still not getting it mate ? 
Who mentioned breeding ?

Some of the best dogs I’ve seen have been owned by people I wouldn’t deal with , and some of the best dogs have, usually, been owned by lads that know the game .

Thats just life……you soon find out the wasters if your in this game long enough.

These days I just do what I want to do, if I need a pup, I know who I can trust, if I want a walk out with someone, it’s my decision, if I make a mistake, that’s my fault….no point in crying about it, just move on.

Cheers.

You said it was lads like you keeping the game alive ??? 

ergo that would insinuate breeding ?? 

correct me if I’m wrong . 

1 minute ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

You said it was lads like you keeping the game alive ??? 

ergo that would insinuate breeding ?? 

correct me if I’m wrong . 

I’ve never bred a pup in my life. I’ve used a dog or two free of charge at stud.

I didn’t insinuate anything, I replied to Wilf who said it was people throwing dogs out of a motor that were keeping the game alive and I suggested that it was old fuckers like me who were still doing it the old way that were actually keeping the lurcher game going. 
We may disagree, that’s fine, but I think, and it’s just my opinion, that when the likes of me, who have seen the game go downhill over the years, retire, that the lurcher game will actually be f****d !

Who is going to carry on ? 
Cheers.

• Like 3
23 minutes ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

id agree there stiff the real good uns will shine even with divvys just a normal diet that thrash em but they excell 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
10 hours ago, Chid said:

Where can you freely hunt in Europe ? I thought most of it was done under licenses ect .

I dont think it's all under license chid,even still they can hunt fox badger etc

You can hunt hares here in the north of ireland with lurchers legit,in south of ireland you can't,but ye can hunt fox rabbit an the rest no bother without a license an long may it last

1 hour ago, mC HULL said:

id agree there stiff the real good uns will shine even with divvys just a normal diet that thrash em but they excell 

The cream always comes to the top as the saying goes. 

• Like 1