This.mite start something going who still lamps long ears and why do lads think it's.wrong to lamp them personally I think they our fair game

6 minutes ago, Ferretman65 said:

All of a sudden wee have to go out an make every thing shy before wee hunt them lol watts that all about the more you hunt them the more skilful the hare rabbit fox get by hunting them 

I lamp for me only  if I want to make things difficult  for others that’s tactical , don’t want things too easy eh mate don’t take it personal  it’s all a great game  

• Like 1

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hangings 2 good for u

Alas some boys slipped there salukis and be the time the got them back on the slips they discovered there grandkids had left school

Course ‘em, lamp ‘em, snare ‘em, shoot ‘em, it doesn’t  matter, as long as you jug ‘em right !   Bon Apetit !

Posted Images

6 hours ago, chartpolski said:

He’s not a bad lad, he enjoys the banter, as I do.

Hes a challenge, but I won’t give up on him ! LOL !

Your grew looks a nice strong bitch, I like the “whizz bangers”, far more exciting seeing a dog take a hare quickly than being dragged around a field for ten minutes !

( He won’t be able to resist biting now ) ! LOL ! 
Cheers.

i have to say it’s a nice looking mutt chart ideal lamper 

• Like 1
5 hours ago, green lurchers said:

Lamping green hares must be rewarding in some shape or form  for some , I like to make them lamp shy so thers no reward for the number hunters x

Know plenty of lads that have done that with foxes because of the rifle brigade, pointless now with Thermal. 

Edited by dogmandont
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
32 minutes ago, green lurchers said:

I lamp for me only  if I want to make things difficult  for others that’s tactical , don’t want things too easy eh mate don’t take it personal  it’s all a great game  

Lol iam not takeing it personally mate lol 😂 one man's meat is another man's posin we our all Brothers in arms as to speak

6 minutes ago, Ferretman65 said:

Lol iam not takeing it personally mate lol 😂 one man's meat is another man's posin we our all Brothers in arms as to speak

That’s good  as dogmandont stated it was a thing pre thermal. More craft needed  on a Wiley creature that’s had a lesson or two  

Edited by green lurchers
  • Like 2
55 minutes ago, Aussie Whip said:

If they breed up too much the farmers will just shoot most of them anyway so might as well give the dogs a run.

Over here mate they shoot them 2 stop people having a run  mr Stuart would be appalled 

• Sad 1

I reckon anyone who has ever ran lurchers daytime and night time and say they have never lamped an hare are kidding themselves. I admit to lamping quite a few in the past its not as though they were just lobbed in a dyke or left on the field. I never struggled to find a buyer for them tbh and later year's when i got to know lads with BOP one would snatch my hands off for hare's that had not been shot. The only regret i have is years ago a patch of farmland near me that's more or less surrounded by houses a chemical works a council tip and a recycling plant it was not uncommon  to count 40 plus hare's on the lamp though the land daytime was horrendous for good courses with lots of hedge's fences and a lane that went through it. I lamped the hares on this land nearly to extinction as well as other lads who did as well as the farmer and other shooter who hunted them. A walk around that same land now you would struggle to see one.

3 hours ago, Black neck said:

Over here mate they shoot them 2 stop people having a run  mr Stuart would be appalled 

I don't like shooting anything really but I think there is something special about hares and they deserve at least a sporting chance to outrun or outwit the dogs. Spotlight shooting them is such a waste.

• Like 3
1 hour ago, Aussie Whip said:

I don't like shooting anything really but I think there is something special about hares and they deserve at least a sporting chance to outrun or outwit the dogs. Spotlight shooting them is such a waste.

The tend 2 line out the guns on a ditch drive the hares at the guns and start blasting 

• Sad 1
15 hours ago, green lurchers said:

They did once until the 500 yrd beam lamp was invented 

Don't forget the 30 seconds per minute stopwatches etc they use to time the runs.  👍

• Haha 1