What's crack with this orange lodge in stonehaven? I don't really watch the news so only see the headline. 

A controversial group, meet in a lodge, apparently do a bit of ritual, play at dress up..... Sounds like my sort of thing!

What's crack like?

• Haha 1

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

We used to have sectarianism here in Newcastle back in the 50’s and 60’s. In my own family, who were Irish immigrants, some were Catholic, others became Protestant,  but these days most people lo

Any one dealing drugs in any community is the enemy of that community .

It’s strange the twists and turns of life…… I was baptised Catholic and all my family are Catholic but I obviously feel a massive affinity to Loyalism for all sorts of reasons and always have…..n

Posted Images

17 minutes ago, DIDO.1 said:

What's crack with this orange lodge in stonehaven? I don't really watch the news so only see the headline. 

A controversial group, meet in a lodge, apparently do a bit of ritual, play at dress up..... Sounds like my sort of thing!

What's crack like?

I don’t know of the group you mention, but I’d guess, and it’s only MY opinion, that 99.9% of these lodges, groups, societies, etc, are just like us here on THL; people with a broadly similar outlook on life, discussing things that interest them, pretty harmless in the grand scheme of things.

Cheers.

31 minutes ago, DIDO.1 said:

What's crack like?

Basically because they are white British blokes they have no rights ! 

Dogmandont is the guy to ask, rumour has it hes grand master of the tyrone branch, he loves the 1st and 12th of july, hes always getting into his ceremonial gear and his face painted with the union fleg

• Haha 2
34 minutes ago, chartpolski said:

I don’t know of the group you mention, but I’d guess, and it’s only MY opinion, that 99.9% of these lodges, groups, societies, etc, are just like us here on THL; people with a broadly similar outlook on life, discussing things that interest them, pretty harmless in the grand scheme of things.

Cheers.

The orange order is a protestant fraternity.. and thats where the problem lies .

4 minutes ago, Chid said:

The orange order is a protestant fraternity.. and thats where the problem lies .

I’m a bit worried about going down this road…but what’s wrong with Protestants ?

Cheers.

• Haha 2
6 minutes ago, chartpolski said:

I’m a bit worried about going down this road…but what’s wrong with Protestants ?

Cheers.

Nothing at all .. I'm in the orange order myself .

It's all to do with people views and certain areas of Scotland would be anti Protestant, same as Northern Ireland 

7 minutes ago, Chid said:

It's all to do with people views and certain areas of Scotland would be anti Protestant, same as Northern Ireland 

I wouldn’t say Stonehaven was in an anti Protestant area of Scotland . 

if I was to hazard a guess , I would say that local council would be in the “leave” camp and would it seek to have the establishment of a firmly “stay “ organisation made difficult . 

Without taking the piss or sides , the date of the match intended ? Really . Is that how childish the orange order have became ? 

3 minutes ago, Chid said:

We used to have sectarianism here in Newcastle back in the 50’s and 60’s.

In my own family, who were Irish immigrants, some were Catholic, others became Protestant,  but these days most people look at sectarianism as an anachronism that is only seen in places like Glasgow and Northern Ireland. 
The “new” sectarianism is between Christianity and Islam.

Sadly, Christianity is on the decline in the UK and Islam is on the rise.

We shouldn’t be worried about the different branches of Christianity, but of the Islamification of our country.

Cheers.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 5
9 minutes ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

I wouldn’t say Stonehaven was in an anti Protestant area of Scotland . 

if I was to hazard a guess , I would say that local council would be in the “leave” camp and would it seek to have the establishment of a firmly “stay “ organisation made difficult . 

Without taking the piss or sides , the date of the match intended ? Really . Is that how childish the orange order have became ? 

What do you mean about the date ?

2 minutes ago, Chid said:

What do you mean about the date ?

Mon to f**k chid lad . 

why would the LOL decide to hold a wreath laying ceremony and parade on Saturday 16th March ? 

what day is it tomorrow ? 

I’d imagine there will be some sort of “Stonehaven pubs celebrate st Patrick’s day “ in the local paper this week , to try and glaze the inches from that by hosting a ceremony on that date is spiteful and childish . 

It’s 2024 ffs 

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

Mon to f**k chid lad . 

why would the LOL decide to hold a wreath laying ceremony and parade on Saturday 16th March ? 

what day is it tomorrow ? 

I’d imagine there will be some sort of “Stonehaven pubs celebrate st Patrick’s day “ in the local paper this week , to try and glaze the inches from that by hosting a ceremony on that date is spiteful and childish . 

It’s 2024 ffs 

Lot of orange parades on st Patricks day .. St Patrick is celebrated with the early teachings of salvation by faith alone on the island of Ireland .. not the Roman Catholic teachings.