Bullherder

9 hours ago, low plains drifter said:

Will we ever get the old days back?, incidentally I still have the oil painting Esmeralda done of us, Circa 1800, look at us grinning slyly as we were leaving Goathland, note the saluki that we were gifted by the Sheikh 

IMG_20210906_170438.jpg.309c52af0873cd10bacfaa85b9156042.jpg

I've got the pillow ready for you chief don't worry it'll all be over soon rest your wiery head

• Haha 1

• Replies 461
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Are you living in some dystopian nightmare , where Salukis go round killing every dog in sight and Afghan Hounds are committing canine FGM ? Cheers.

All this talk of dogs killing other dogs.I couldnt think of anything more useless and annoying thats just gunna bring unnecessary attention and piss off all your neighbours than a useless cur that wan

What, did the shepherd choke on the feathers?

Posted Images

3 hours ago, Leatherface said:

So, what's wrong with the old Bandog, why the need for even more crosses?

Most traditional type bandogs with a heavy mastiff base like the one I have tend to be teritorial/defence driven.With working trials being the in thing it doesnt really suit a laid back defensive type dog so they all way prey driven animals as thats what will win trials and look exciting on social media in turn getting likes and selling pups.

• Like 1
15 minutes ago, downsouth said:

Most traditional type bandogs with a heavy mastiff base like the one I have tend to be teritorial/defence driven.With working trials being the in thing it doesnt really suit a laid back defensive type dog so they all way prey driven animals as thats what will win trials and look exciting on social media in turn getting likes and selling pups.

Have you seen the original Swinford Bandog, Bulldog x English Mastiff? 

6 minutes ago, Leatherface said:

Have you seen the original Swinford Bandog, Bulldog x English Mastiff? 

No never had any experience with anything with English Mastiff.Most people who want a traditional bandog type tend to use Neopolitan as its a lot easier to find them with the correct attitude.

1 minute ago, downsouth said:

No never had any experience with anything with English Mastiff.Most people who want a traditional bandog type tend to use Neopolitan as its a lot easier to find them with the correct attitude.

I would rather use a bullmastiff or boerboel than an English mastiff, I suppose back in the 70's there were better specimens than there are now.

1 minute ago, low plains drifter said:

Incidentally I was chewing the fat with owd stands with a fist, and wind in his hair earlier on there when fist shrieked Tatanka as a healthy herd the likes as never been seen stomped on past

You at Wounded Knee, Injuns tell me it was a massacre.

9 minutes ago, Leatherface said:

I would rather use a bullmastiff or boerboel than an English mastiff, I suppose back in the 70's there were better specimens than there are now.

French mastiff is used as well mate has one x with a bulldog very switches on 

8 minutes ago, Leatherface said:

I really like the boerboel but Im at a stage in my life now that when my old bandog bitch goes I dont think Ill bother getting another big dog if I get another dog at all.

• Like 1