• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Remember the large British birds eggs exhibit in Clifton park museum in Rotherham that had every British birds egg in the collection that was in two long tables in glass covered sections and me and i

The first time in my life I am ever going to get to use a word I learnt as a kid, he is an Oologist, what a relief to finally get that out. 

Our go too book was the observer book of british birds eggs. I think most young lads at the time (70s) who went bird nesting would have had a copy. Remember the best nest we ever found was a greenshan

Posted Images

19 hours ago, mackem said:
AMP.THEGUARDIAN.COM

<p>What drives the thieves of rare birds' eggs to risk prison - and even their own lives - to feed such a bizarre...
WWW.NEWYORKER.COM

The hunt for illegal egg collectors.

Air gunners if ever I’ve seen them 

• Haha 3
14 hours ago, paulus said:

Longtailed-tit (2).png

I found this one a year or two back under a car put him in the hedge were mother was making a fuss and she was straight on it lovely little things 

774DFBA1-EB29-4BCD-A2AB-57159A991922.png

• Like 3
11 minutes ago, tatsblisters said:

Never ever seen one I have heard of mates seeing them at an holiday resort in Fuerteventura. 

Spotted quite a few in  Albufeira, Portugal

1 hour ago, paulus said:

Spotted quite a few in  Albufeira, Portugal

Often wonder were is the best place in the UK is to see one . I also remember as kids we had the eye spy books were you wrote in them under their picture were you had spotted the specie's of various British birds and one lad had ticked the hoopoe of and underneath he had wrote Western park museum Sheffield in a glass case. lol

• Haha 3
17 minutes ago, tatsblisters said:

Often wonder were is the best place in the UK is to see one . I also remember as kids we had the eye spy books were you wrote in them under their picture were you had spotted the specie's of various British birds and one lad had ticked the hoopoe of and underneath he had wrote Western park museum Sheffield in a glass case. lol

If I were to guess I'd say down south somewhere, I bet Kent is a possibility?

• Like 1
52 minutes ago, DIDO.1 said:

Nearly....los Americas 

Have you been to the Zoo yet mate. It was the highlight of my holiday there some years back though in all honesty it's not an holiday destination i would want to visit again though eating out is a lot cheaper than Greece