Superb eagle flights.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Watched this earlier,an eagle for an emperor,flights on roe,CWD,Muntie and hare,give his channel a follow.  

He still flies eagles Tats, this is his eagle called Mack.   

I have various friends with Falcons, Hawks and there's one with an Eagle. I have been out dozens of times over many years and have seen the smallest birds caught to pretty large mammals caught. All ve

Posted Images

A bit different from flat caps and whippets like, I know the Peregrine is known as the fastest creature on earth but that is in a dive, I think Sakers are faster at horizontal flight? 

Ducks and Swifts are also properly fast at flying.

1 minute ago, chartpolski said:

The bird was owned by Sheik Maktoom , ruler of Dubai, and being trained by Hamed Gunaim . It was bought in Germany.

Cheers.

There was a bloke called Dr Nick Fox up Cumbria way who bred Pere/Saker`s for the Arab market. He would train them to fly from horseback. They were housed free flying once trained in Great big Dutch barn type buildings with sheep keeping the grass down,

8 hours ago, leegreen said:

the racing Falcons are a hybrid, think they're about 5k+ . There's a geezer in the Midlands, or somewhere north of Watford. He has a proper little farm going on, cant breed enough, think my friend is selling them through him. The Arabs can't get enough. They fly them point to point, if they win, it's bucks and bravado. If they lose, they've wasted a few grand, peanuts to them.  There's a lot of wastage and that equals more birds for sale £££££

The pest control is interesting too 😁 Another friend Karl does nearly all the bird work for him. Karl doesn't hunt any more, photography is his thing and some good stuff he produces. We had an Osprey down the road for about 3 weeks. He got some fantastic action shots of it taking fish. Took one of it taking a Bream, I'll try and find it.

What happened to your mate Scott after he left Pokhara LG?

6 minutes ago, paulus said:

There was a bloke called Dr Nick Fox up Cumbria way who bred Pere/Saker`s for the Arab market. He would train them to fly from horseback. They were housed free flying once trained in Great big Dutch barn type buildings with sheep keeping the grass down,

He once did a talk at the monthly meeting of the Yorkshire falconry club. A very articulate interesting chap.

On 21/02/2024 at 21:32, leegreen said:

They still chuck bird out of motors 👍

Remember seeing a video years ago with some lads on it they had a black Patterdale type terrier that worked with their Harris hawks. Their was a few condemnations from members of the Yorkshire falconry i was in at the time as on some of their footage was one of their hawks killing an owl. My mate who flew Harris regularly in woodland free flying and not  from the fist said it was inevitable that anyone who did the same it was only a matter of time before their bird nailed a Tawney owl but obviously you kept quite about it.

1 hour ago, MH1 said:

There's a place breeding them for the Middle East not far from me

WWW.FALCONS.CO.UK

Contact us to buy Fox Falcons: Email: sales@falcons.co.uk Call or WhatsApp:...

Theres a bloke in Doncaster breeding birds for the arabs , quiet a large set up and been on tv afew times 

On 23/02/2024 at 08:46, mackem said:

What happened to your mate Scott after he left Pokhara LG?

He went to Spain, tried to start the same Parahawking business. Loads red tape, palm greasing stuff, of course it's Spain. Had to do and apprenticeship on Falconry in Spainish, then had to have a mentor for X amount of years, even though he had kept/hunted/flew birds for more than 30 years. After doing all that and because he had more than 8 birds in Spain, he had to apply for a Zoo licence, which took long blah blah blah. Then Brexit happened followed by Covid.

Now he is back here doing web design and ting. There is loads more boring difficulties in amongst that, which included property, Brexit, his Norwegian wife, schools, citizenship etc etc.

They still haven't sorted out their Lakeside complex in Pokhara yet,

He is happy though 😄

• Thanks 1
On 23/02/2024 at 16:21, Leatherface said:

Why do they use cross breds in racing when the Saker is the fastest falcon?

Hybrid vigour maybe. Not sure to be fair. I think they get £5000 upwards, depending on siblings performance I think.

• Like 1
37 minutes ago, leegreen said:

Hybrid vigour maybe. Not sure to be fair. I think they get £5000 upwards, depending on siblings performance I think.

So crossing with a slower falcon produces quicker birds, what's the usual hybrid crosses?