I am hearing about a shooting close to my home. This may have been last Wednesday. A local farmer shot dead by ‘a poacher’ through the heart. It is believed shot by a 308 round. The guy was, apparently calving one of his cows which was mistaken for a fox. Jok.

2 minutes ago, TOMO said:

Bloody hell...sad story...

How the feck you confuse a cow with a fox

I think he mistaken the guy attending  the cow in calf  for a fox  but still how?

• Like 1

Reminds me of that story of that guy that shot his own son ...he followed him out the house was crawling through the hedge and the fella shot him thinking he was a fox....sends shivers up your spine that...

• Like 4
5 minutes ago, kanny said:

I think he mistaken the guy attending  the cow in calf  for a fox  but still how?

Often find fox's amongst the cows or sheep..when you flick the lamp on the smaller eyes give them away..maybe the shooter seen a small set of eyes and automatically thought fox..but sadly it was human eyes he was seeing..

Well. To be honest we are a close community. There isn’t much that goes on that doesn’t get talked about. The one one thing that we all agree on is the colour of the eyes preshot. The other is that the person who pulled the trigger knew exactly what he/she was doing. They did not want to be caught. At this time I don’t know if an arrest has been made but by gum I hope it has. The fact that a calibre has been mentioned must have some relevance.  Jok

10 minutes ago, TOMO said:

Bloody hell...sad story...

How the feck you confuse a cow with a fox

Somewhere here in Lancashire a fox shooter shot a horse. Apparently this prick has been writing in sporting shooter about long range fox shooting at night! Didn't kill the horse but it was in foal and cost thousands in vet bills. I kept expecting it to appear in the media but it never did 

Thermal night shooter maybe? A couple of years ago stateside a bloke shot a man AND his 6 year old daughter after mistaking them for a pair of deer. 

3 minutes ago, TOMO said:

Reminds me of that story of that guy that shot his own son ...he followed him out the house was crawling through the hedge and the fella shot him thinking he was a fox....sends shivers up your spine that...

I once watched a lad empty both barrels  into his own dog (border terrier)with a 12 g ,when a rabbit bolted in the hedgerow and ran past the dog whos head was down a hole marking🙈.. 

• Sad 1
19 minutes ago, TOMO said:

Next village to me Tomo Sad do that.

Cheers Arry

• Sad 1

It has made me think. Some years ago we were lamping on the side of the M1 (I have mentioned this before on here). It was a pishing night and my turn to be on the rifle. The track ran alongside the motorway, Juntion 24, and I spotted my fox. Well, to be honest the weather did not help but I called to my two companions that I would not take the shot as was unclear about the target. Turns out it was a vagrant, lucky guy I reckon. Thing is, mistakes, I suppose can happen. However, if you are trusted with a FAC you cannot and must not take a shot that you are not 100% on. Jok.

• Like 1