Real American Terriermen

15 hours ago, Rickshaw swami said:

I'm not on Facebook but I often get told about the Americans with terriers arguing and self promoting.I just wanted to take time to give credit to a few real American Terriermen.Few months back I made an all day drive to pick up a pup from a man.No fancy names.Just a man who bred for what he needed.He gifted me a pup,took me hunting with his sire.Then gifted me a pieps locator,custom hunting knife,terrierbox and his library of terrier books.

Screenshot_20240130-211336_Gallery.jpg.3266ef805386f2f28a708895c70963eb.jpg

8 years ago I was digging in tobacco country with some people who had a nice pair of coon tongs.I told the folks how much I liked their coon tongs.Last week I drove 800 miles north to hunt with one of these terriermen.This man is as game as his terriers.When I got there he gifted me a pair of coon tongs.They were put to use the next morning.

20240130_212357.jpg.1bcb15ac8a38bac5782543cd4a73cfe1.jpg

Thanks Mark and Ken.My friends.Real American Terriermen.

Do people not dock tails over there?Lovely strong pup 

What gets me is the way half of them cross a few things together and seem to think theyve invented a new breed and then make up a silly name for it or even worse name it after themselves 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
5 hours ago, downsouth said:

What gets me is the way half of them cross a few things together and seem to think theyve invented a new breed and then make up a silly name for it or even worse name it after themselves 

Like the XL-Bully?

• Like 1
6 hours ago, downsouth said:

I agree. There was an old man near me who created a "breed". He flew to the United Kingdom to sell yall a dream.Somebody over there traded him some cull terriers for his "dream". Me and my father seen the terriers.My father said that man flew half way around the world to trade nothing for nothing.🤣

• Haha 5
19 hours ago, Rickshaw swami said:

I agree. There was an old man near me who created a "breed". He flew to the United Kingdom to sell yall a dream.Somebody over there traded him some cull terriers for his "dream". Me and my father seen the terriers.My father said that man flew half way around the world to trade nothing for nothing.🤣

Who was that then and what did he trade?

On 02/02/2024 at 06:56, downsouth said:

Who was that then and what did he trade?

I'm not sure that old man is still alive as I haven't spoken with him in about 4 years.So I won't use his name.You owned some of his dogs at one time.I can't speak for the guard dog side of them as that's not my cup of tea.The history was suspect.The hunting was staged at the foot of a mountain in a catchpen back when these things were legal.

The old man didn't tell me what he traded for those terriers.He simply said he traded. What I can tell you with certainty is those terriers offspring were afraid of the dark lol.

There is real American  terriermen but you meet them at a dig moving dirt,Not through the internet.

• Like 2
2 hours ago, Rickshaw swami said:

I'm not sure that old man is still alive as I haven't spoken with him in about 4 years.So I won't use his name.You owned some of his dogs at one time.I can't speak for the guard dog side of them as that's not my cup of tea.The history was suspect.The hunting was staged at the foot of a mountain in a catchpen back when these things were legal.

The old man didn't tell me what he traded for those terriers.He simply said he traded. What I can tell you with certainty is those terriers offspring were afraid of the dark lol.

There is real American  terriermen but you meet them at a dig moving dirt,Not through the internet.

That man you are on about never flew to the UK to sell anyone a dream.I knew the bloke who travelled over to see him and then imported 2 adult bitches and a dog from him and one of the bitches that were in pup.He did come over here a couple of years later to judge a bulldog show and bought some shit terriers from an idiot who was breeding bulldogs who had never worked a terrier in his life.

• 2 months later...
19 hours ago, keepdiggin said:

Just found this video and know that you hunt both

remarkable creatures them otters 

Thanks for sharing.Coons are a tough opponent for a terrier but as you can see otters have supernatural strength.Its no coincidence  that the otter has the coon by the one spot where the coon can't do much.Otters are smart and they truly enjoy inflicting pain on an enemy of similar size,Be it a coon,snapping turtle or terrier.

4 hours ago, Aussie Whip said:

Don't know much about either animal but was the otter going to kill and eat the racoon?

In my humble opinion the otter was gonna kill the coon and rape his dead body as otters enjoy such things.

• Like 2
  • Haha 4
8 hours ago, Rickshaw swami said:

Thanks for sharing.Coons are a tough opponent for a terrier but as you can see otters have supernatural strength.Its no coincidence  that the otter has the coon by the one spot where the coon can't do much.Otters are smart and they truly enjoy inflicting pain on an enemy of similar size,Be it a coon,snapping turtle or terrier.

In my humble opinion the otter was gonna kill the coon and rape his dead body as otters enjoy such things.

Lol, your opinion would mean a lot Rick because you know otter's behavior. I was just wondering if racoons are on the menu or was it some territorial attack on it. My mate had a whippet that would bring down small roos then fck the body, a bit disturbing, lol.

• Haha 1