I’ve used most of them before I used Ficam to be fair

if you can direct inject into nest it doesn’t matter what product you use it will work

nests I can’t see or touch I will use Ficam this year like always 

whilst trying to come up with a strategy for next year

i suspect we will have to be more hands on

removing tiles etc to access

Watch  the price of nests go up

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Ive been doing wasps nests commercially for five years . Ficam will be sorely missed as it didn't piss the wasps off and they didn't try to find alternate ways in out the nest to avoid the powder. Ive been using Vulcan which is a Pemethrin based one, not bad product but pisses wasps off and if your treating a hole around a tile etc you have to treat exit holes all round or wasps just dodge it!!. I think people who just throw up poles on a wasp duster  to treat roofs and soffits will struggle. I go in lofts when treating as you can quite often see nest and break a hole and dust with very few call backs. Really we should check lofts any way in case the house still has a water tank, bats are present or the hole in soffits /roof is going to let dust go all over customers belonging . I think Lodi are working on a alternative but wont be out for a while 

On 13/02/2024 at 13:11, TOMO said:

Disturbed two Queens in a loft this week...let them out the hatch they went down the stairs and out the front door...

Good man,...you are a true conservationist🙏

Edited by OldPhil
  • Like 2
5 hours ago, TOMO said:

Disturbed two Queens in a loft this week...let them out the hatch they went down the stairs and out the front door...

I know you should live and let live, but gay mob seem to be everywhere these days. 

• Haha 3

I used to destroy every wasp nest around the house on the farm, then the house was covered in spiders every Spring and Summer. This year I left the wasps alone and there are virtually no spiders. The wasps get to know you too and never harass me but aren't so friendly to strangers.

Edited by Aussie Whip

OldPhil - hoping that’s just a copied pic & not one of your queens……..

If they establish themselves (which looks very likely) don’t think you’ll need worry about withdrawal of ficam.
Natures equivalent I’m thinking……..

• Like 1
4 hours ago, ZacB said:

OldPhil - hoping that’s just a copied pic & not one of your queens……..

If they establish themselves (which looks very likely) don’t think you’ll need worry about withdrawal of ficam.
Natures equivalent I’m thinking……..

You knows😉

Funnily enough I’m just going to a meeting regarding Asian Hornets. As a semi commercial beekeeper I’ve a vested interest. Looking at the bigger picture they really should be a concern to all. Gonna be pretty devastating to all insects until nature finds its own balance

• Like 1

Don’t mean to hijack this thread plus not wanting to rob any of you boys from a living but if you do happen upon any asian hornets the following link gives some info plus how to report - I’m sure the house owner would still pay the call out, you can also tell-em they’d be on the local news.

image.jpeg.858b388ce8e020a56cded478fdb01a60.jpeg

On 26/01/2024 at 07:43, DIDO.1 said:

What's people's plans for treating wasps this coming season with regards to the removal of ficam?

You've got to know how job works

Punch em right in the earole and they'll fly off

DyAUYUwW0AAmUjD.jpg.dd27a633b6ca90ac0f15924771ac0aef.jpg

• Haha 1