• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Sister to ur sire of your young dog 

Posted Images

9 hours ago, taffey said:

They are yes very switched on as you ll know work things out for themselves very quickly a breath of fresh air to have about Atb taffey 

Yer a breath pf fresh air iv never had to really tell her off with anything its like she just knows the crack.

Mind when it comes to the long nets she can send them flying lol like a bull lol 

2 hours ago, taffey said:

Yep they got some strength in them bull in a china shop mine when he comes into house lol 

Mine demolished a garden pergola.

A foolish ex girlfriend tied her to a brick  upright  while she went into her friend's house for a natter. 

Now had she told the old bitch to lay down and stay she would happily have  settled and probably fallen asleep. 

Unfortunately the ex omitted these vital instructions so Ez decided that in the absence of orders and as nobody had actually told her not to kill a pergola it was therefore  perfectly acceptable  to do so .😁

Edited by comanche
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

The first dog I went ferreting with as a kid was an old guys first cross cattle/grey, white with red spots. She was a very tough bitch and never got injured badly despite hitting the boulders in the area when ferreting a few times. I was hooked on using dogs for rabbits after that but wanted a faster type so went and stayed with the whippets and their crosses. Don't hunt much now but I'd think of a cattle cross if I ever get back into it.

• Like 1

Yeah,..I could see the potential of this hybrid as a rabbiting aid,...several decades ago....

These are good hearted jukels, but you always have to be realistic in your expectations of them..😉

They are, what they are, and as long as ya keep this in mind,..they will do just fine👍

Edited by OldPhil
  • Like 5
On 14/01/2024 at 22:15, low plains drifter said:

He reminds me of a dog one time I was walking up a footpath through a Cheviot farmyard from a distance there was a booming bark, thought it was a rottweiler, when I got to the farm a smooth coated tri colour collie was up at the mesh, looked a hell of a dog

like what Aussie Whip  says, the acd are  a top guard dog, the kelpie  seem to be more of the alround  cattle/ sheep dogs, but lot farmers had couple loose on there stations farms as guard dogs , so acd x collie or back to kelpie be great guard,   any herding type x make great guards , ive always said one of the best guard dogs i ever seen was big black gsd x  collie , on chain in the day, but at night loose, you didnt poach his ground  lol, that fooker would rip you to pieces , 75lb  teeth  on you , you have to shoot 1st.:yes:

• Like 1

Second time of trying,  he's going over a greyhound as soon as she's ready, should be sometime this week.  I AI'd her twice six months ago but she didn't hold, fingers crossed this time,  he's getting no younger.

20161229_091205.jpg

• Like 6