19 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

lol no anger here i’m chuckling 

it’s lircherwork i’m a poacher so if it runs and  i can move it i expect it dead day or night and if the dog can’t do it then it’s no good to me horses for courses equals limited dog to me 

Personally I’ve never seen a dog that can do all UK quarry to a decent standard, every good dog I’ve seen has had strong points and weak points. Even the ones that could turn their hand to a lot of different tasks were poor at at least one quarry. I think if you spend your life looking for the mythical all rounder you’re in for a lot of disappointment

• Like 14

• Replies 989
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Morty, a filth generation lamper he tracked 7 cwd and a munty single handed during the day in January. Not to bad considering it was his first daytime jaunt out.   

Another of Maurice, tracked this and put it on the deck single handed in the middle of a field without the aid of fence or ditch, we got there it saw us panicked and full of adrenaline it managed to g

More tracking for the shooting clowns 

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Penda said:

I've had a quiet week this week work wise with the dogs I'm out in the morning for a few hours see if I knock a few bit up win lose or draw its nice to get out and have a few hours out in piece and quiet 

Piece and quiet and them dogs don't mix 🤣🤣

1 hour ago, Deerhunter1 said:

Personally I’ve never seen a dog that can do all UK quarry to a decent standard, every good dog I’ve seen has had strong points and weak points. Even the ones that could turn their hand to a lot of different tasks were poor at at least one quarry. I think if you spend your life looking for the mythical all rounder you’re in for a lot of disappointment

life looking for a mythical all rounder lol 

say no more 

1 hour ago, joe ox said:

Morty's sire and grandsire after summer lay off ready to start their pre season fitness routine

IMGP1397.JPG

IMGP1400.JPG

breeding to type joe all got tongue on the floor lol 

sorry i was trying to be nice 

29 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

life looking for a mythical all rounder lol 

say no more 

You must have just seen better dogs than me. I think I’ve seen some pretty good ones though, maybe not up to your standards but I’ve still never seen a dog that looks good on every quarry species

More related dogs with there tongues trailing the floor 🤣to be fair they had probably done a good few mile behind the quad on a warm late summers night in August on a pre season workout

IMGP1404.JPG

IMGP1411.JPG

• Like 3
8 minutes ago, joe ox said:

More related dogs with there tongues trailing the floor 🤣to be fair they had probably done a good few mile behind the quad on a warm late summers night in August on a pre season workout

IMGP1404.JPG

IMGP1411.JPG

The look well mate ,I liked richy nice big dog 

• Like 2
4 minutes ago, Black neck said:

The look well mate ,I liked richy nice big dog 

dogs look tidy black black un middle for me bit a length to it 

Edited by mC HULL
4 hours ago, Bits n bobs said:

That’s what I was thinking, the only thing  he’s changed is put a pure greyhound in to freshen the blood and that then opens the door to start folding all his own dogs in again. 
It seems to have done some high class day walkers no harm at all in the past. I’d sooner use a pure to freshen blood than a lurcher that may unknowingly have for instance saluki blood or whippet blood in it, nothing against either breeds but by using a pure greyhound you’re at the very least eliminating any what ifs. 

Joe knows score with his dogs, he bred long enough to know what works and what don't. Same as  Trunk on here breeds collie x pit greys line bred, use what ticking the boxes on his fox control in Ireland. Iam on a Oz site, where bloke working pit x grey x mastiffx greys, types.  He go back to pure greys, when want bit more speed, he plenty power grit. He works wild pigs, foxes, and rabbits, when get dogs fit. It great read, and what his dogs can do,  it fookin rough at times, he lost few dogs on boars. He did have some  good game bred pits, that he used in the past, and some real fit looking English mastiffs, not like our show crap mastiffs, yeh the bloke dogs  are top notch. 👍

• Like 1