Fao lampers

1 hour ago, dodger said:

Lightforce 

If I put a 75w bulb in a lance will it improve performance or is it all about the heads with the 3 light force heads tia 

i always put 100w in mine 

• Like 1
18 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

i always put 100w in mine 

If say I put a 100w in a lance will it perform better then mc or is it more to do do with the housing of the lamp I know you can change the heads of the lightforces but I'm just thinking if changing the bulb makes a difference 🤔 

2 hours ago, dodger said:

If say I put a 100w in a lance will it perform better then mc or is it more to do do with the housing of the lamp I know you can change the heads of the lightforces but I'm just thinking if changing the bulb makes a difference 🤔 

it will make a difference mate worth doing but so will the head 

What I've found is that there isn't much difference at all by changing the bulb,far more improvement by changing the head if you have them available or obviously get the next size lamp up.

A 100w in a 140 head with both bulb and head adjusted correctly is sufficient for most everything, the truth is unless you have excellent vision the extra a 240 head will give is bearly noticeable, I can only see eyes right at the end of a 240 that is adjusted for max length these days. TBH watching or trying to watch a course at the end of a 240 beam is just to much hard work. HD wide-screen sat in a 4x4 with the action close all the way 😁

• Like 3

Long gone are the days of the old cluelite converted to a blazalite 100w bulb alloy backing no adjustment just a flip up filter as the mod con 😂

I used to use the 170 copy with dimmer it was running a 100w bulb I used to run the dimmer 3quarter open an the head adjusted half way I found was the sweet spot for me an my eye sight I’d not miss spotting stuff that way the amount of times I’ve lamped with others over the years an they have over looked stuff because there lamps were set up wrong they had a strong bulb an the head wound so the beam was so tight it was like they could burn the fields down with the rays of light the centre of the beam was burned out.

• Like 3

Never used anything larger than 170 head size  myself or a dimmer,got an  old 120 lightforce  I used to have on a rifle,that  I use local ... everyone I know with the dustbin lid 1,ends up breaking them👍

• Like 1
58 minutes ago, chartpolski said:

I may be wrong, but don’t some of the lesser wattage lamps have a plastic reflector, rather than a metal one, that will melt if too high a wattage bulb is used ?

Cheers.

none are metal are they ? 

1 hour ago, Daniel cain said:

Never used anything larger than 170 head size  myself or a dimmer,got an  old 120 lightforce  I used to have on a rifle,that  I use local ... everyone I know with the dustbin lid 1,ends up breaking them👍

Big isnt always better 👍

3 hours ago, chartpolski said:

I seem to remember reading it somewhere. 
Maybe it was the bulb holder ?

Cheers.

That was the cluelite 50w bulb standard put a 100w in without changing the backing to the alloy one you would get melt down 

• Like 2