Hunting without permission? What are the laws?

• AndyAirgun.177 changed the title to Hunting without permission? What are the laws?

3 hours ago, AndyAirgun.177 said:

Is there any place you can hunt without permission for things like grey squirrel/rats and such pests?

Don’t be silly lucky now a days if you can hunt with permission.  But it pays to be flexible 

3 hours ago, AndyAirgun.177 said:

Is there any place you can hunt without permission for things like grey squirrel/rats and such pests?

Your garden....

You can hunt what you want, when you want....just got to weigh up the odds....and dont get caught 🙈

But Seriously...Get a few cards made up and just keep putting in the leg work asking....can seem like your getting no where ,but you will land on something if you keep trying,always be polite in defeat😉👍

• Like 3

If it's just hunting with a catapult I honestly think you would be hard pushed to get any permission as I would think most landowners would just view the catapult as a kids toy or a tool used by someone poaching. I just walk around local woods and land with binoculars around my neck with the catty in my pocket and only take a shot at squirrels and winged vermin if theirs no one about. 

• Like 3

Certainly worth knocking you may get nice surprise. Some land owners are absolutely brilliant. In short supply but they are out there. Politeness and respectability is the key and come across as harmless as possible. 

• Like 1

just go where you want and check no ones about, the beauty of the catty is if it looks like going tits up you can always chuck it away, just claim you have lost your way, they can only fxxk you off. same with handline for trout, sling it in the river if you have to. 

• Like 2

The entire point of owning and shooting a catty is you don’t need permission, I,ve shot pigeons and shite hawks in the city centre for years squirrels in the local park an a shit load of ferals on my local train station, just walk public footpaths in the country there are thousands of miles of them heaving with everything you want, I,m 61 years old and have had a catty in my pocket for as long as I can remember, never once had my collar felt 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
On 08/01/2024 at 07:19, tatsblisters said:

If it's just hunting with a catapult I honestly think you would be hard pushed to get any permission as I would think most landowners would just view the catapult as a kids toy or a tool used by someone poaching. I just walk around local woods and land with binoculars around my neck with the catty in my pocket and only take a shot at squirrels and winged vermin if theirs no one about. 

Exactly why would any landowner take you seriously if you asked for permission with a catty ...they are just for pi$$ing about not serious pest control. 

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, FOXHUNTER said:

Exactly why would any landowner take you seriously if you asked for permission with a catty ...they are just for pi$$ing about not serious pest control. 

They often say that,shooting folks ...  only  own guns because they are failed dogmen with little weaners.. doesn't take any skill to sit  about,baiting/calling something in and shooting it from a distance,with thermal etc ,lets be honest...now someone whos outsmarting their quarry species using a dog/net/wire or a catapult ,they got something about them in my book.. reading your posts over the yrs,you must be one boring anal cnut,sat up in the stratosphere looking down your nose at folks...with some luck,karma catches up with you,and some cnut puts you to sleep,if our paths ever cross,you have my word,I will oblige ...your the biggest cock knocker on this site👍

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
5 minutes ago, Daniel cain said:

They often say that,shooting folks ...  only  own guns because they are failed dogmen with little weaners.. doesn't take any skill to sit  about,baiting/calling something in and shooting it from a distance,with thermal etc ,lets be honest...now someone whos outsmarting their quarry species using a dog/net/wire or a catapult ,they got something about them in my book.. reading your posts over the yrs,you must be one boring anal cnut,sat up in the stratosphere looking down your nose at folks...with some luck,karma catches up with you,and some cnut puts you to sleep,if our paths ever cross,you have my word,I will oblige ...your the biggest cock knocker on this site👍

Well said bud 🤣 .🎯👊👍🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

• Like 3
On 08/01/2024 at 07:19, tatsblisters said:

Totally agree and I do the same, I've had some good success driving and shooting out of passenger window. Especially near all the country estates when the pheasants have been released lol. Quick drive round lanes at first light .

• Like 4