Camper conversion......

Well I will be doing the last 2 turkeys this weekend for the chest freezer and pigs will be going in the next couple of weeks so now I'm down to just easy chickens I needed summat else to give me too much to do.........

17plate vivaro sportive that I'm guna convert to a camper. Need to think on design so it will work for me getting fishing tackle in for weekenders and France trips but also works for family and actual full on camper trips so guna have to get the sketch book out.

Van needs a bit of work but was part of a bigger deal and already owes me nothing, so it's a free swing as far as I'm concerned!

If anyone has had a go and knows any pitfalls let me know, or if people have a camper and know good sites/routes/resources aswell stick em on 👍

R lass said there is summat f***ing wrong with me. Cant sit still, rather be busy than bored 🤷‍♂️😅

20240104_145106.jpg

• Like 11

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well I will be doing the last 2 turkeys this weekend for the chest freezer and pigs will be going in the next couple of weeks so now I'm down to just easy chickens I needed summat else to give me too

A sprinter conversation my boss did for himself,  really nice 👍 

Also wifey and I use to camp in a old Toyota and use this tent porch for extra space and a cooking area. I've used it a few time when I camped in the X-Trail on the fishing comp.

Posted Images

It all depends on how you want it and how many belted seats you need .. I’ve got a traffic and have 3 seats in the front, a table and 3 seats in the back with a bed made behind the seats that’s over the wheel arches .. so there’s storage underneath it .. 

given a choice I’d have a rock and roll bed in there but it works for that I need just a pain in the arse with fixed seats in the back because it limits you to what you can put in there 

additionally make sure you insulate everywhere and maybe think about a diesel heater .. I did a week in my van when I split with my ex and it snowed and I woke up feeling like I had ice on my insides so make sure it’s warm 🤣🤣

CC36C552-99A9-46C3-BED1-DA7F3BE9A3F4.jpeg

• Like 3

Make a big bed, storage underneath, insulation, ventilation and keep all ya water wet stuff and cooking outside if possible. 

We lived in an old Roma Supreme for years, a "dry van" That's the way to go where ever possible. If you can't do that, run a dehumidifier in your van from time to time.

We've got a 1972 T2 Dormobile, had it for more than 30 years, it's very well designed. I'm gonna let it go soon and buy summit I can have a permanent large bed. Also I'd like something I can stand up in, make a cuppa tea and the odd one pot meal. A fridge is a nice luxury, may be a small wood stove and a diesel heater. Over head storage would be nice, a bit like an old train ting. 

I'd like to see more of our beautiful Island, in the not so distant future. I've got lots of fishing to catch up on.

Good luck and enjoy your travels.

• Like 2

Thanks guys. Me and the misus def wanna bugger off in a van for a bit once the little uns have flown the nest but that's a fair way off just yet with youngest being 7!

Drove through Switzerland on way to Italy few yr back, that's on the hit list, stunning country side.

• Like 2

My biggest regret is not going for a relay / boxer where I believe you can put a double mattress over the back wheels, as it’s a tad cramped in the trafic especially when there’s 2 of you and you can lie straight and have to bend your legs 🙈🤣

• Haha 1

That will do for 2 of you for the odd night,still be tight mind,how ever you set it out...Id get a roof tent ,that will give you more room/sleeping options,get a decent awning/for the rear over the back doors, and wind out sun canopy for cooking under/kids to sleep in/chill on your chairs with your fire pit..helps if its wet and you cant get out..2 x good leisure batteries/solar panels on the roof,usb charging points,keep kids happy... there's all sorts you can do.......You will get the bug.....and buy yourself a proper motorhome in the end....enjoy,good times ahead👍

• Like 2

Im gunna do a van this year biut apart from decent electrics,insulation and soundproofing and a side window everything else will be removable.Im gunna copy a mates idea and use a nice comfy sofa bed strapped down to the tie down points so I can just chhuck it in the garage when not in use.Ive got a nice little portable 2 ring breifcase type cooker that I can use under a decent awning which is top of the list.Cant see why anyone would want to cook inside their van and stink it out Fridge is another thing Im looking into,Theres some really good ones on the market that run on 12v that can also be connected to a solar panel when you pull up.Ive got mates with full on campers that spend 11 months of the year sat on their driveways.Even my best mate who used to spend months at a time touring Europe in his T3 vw camper now does it on his bike and the camper doesnt move.Im gunno do mine so when im not away staying in it I can take everything out in 20mins and throw a few tools or materials in it or move something heavy of fit my scooters in it.And then another 20mins and its sll loaded up to go off for a few days

• Like 4

My lad converted a VW and put this Bed come storage space in.

On 01/09/2019 at 13:09, Arry said:

Don't know wether this is of any interest or not but my lad used this design to create a bed or bench seat.

296124107_PICT0001.JPG(13).jpeg.44d65f618c92abbda920535d48099156.jpeg

2062720297_PICT0002.JPG(16).jpeg.c54b1bc56d77cb23359c47d872579ed3.jpeg

276250533_PICT0003.JPG(7).jpeg.9c260b3116928e1cfabec3a42dd962a0.jpeg

Cheers Arry

Cheers Arry

• Like 4

Also wifey and I use to camp in a old Toyota and use this tent porch for extra space and a cooking area.

P1180145.jpg.75ad1be89b17c7f67b79bc89388bfb13.jpg

2128745363_PICT0003.JPG(2).jpg.bb2af5dbba0c94fe32ce0094a83b0606.jpg

I've used it a few time when I camped in the X-Trail on the fishing comp.

IMG_2305.JPG.ee1721ad6a2118a3dd1b7856e8ed6a4b.JPG

Cheers Arry

• Like 7
39 minutes ago, Arry said:

My lad converted a VW and put this Bed come storage space in.

Cheers Arry

I've looked at a few options and undecided as to what I'm going with at the minute. Could do with atleast 1 more sent in the back with a belt so might end up going rock and rolla seats. But then I want the flexibility of removing similar to what DS has said above.

• Like 1

We did a couple at work as a side project, was interesting but don't think we'll be doing anymore,  they dragged on a bit because we was too busy with our regular work 

20200807_110233.jpg

20200807_110233.jpg

20200807_111427.jpg

Screenshot_20240106_092528_Instagram.jpg

Screenshot_20240106_092512_Instagram.jpg

Screenshot_20240106_092505_Instagram.jpg

Screenshot_20240106_092520_Instagram.jpg

20191118_161834.jpg

• Like 5