Can a ferret beat a badger? What would happen if a ferret entered a badger's den?

I had a really game hob who's done a few badger, ended up putting a bell on his collar just to give them a chance of escaping, if you ring a bell at certain woods he frequented you can still see badgers running out the other end...

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 10
5 hours ago, Borr said:

I had a really game hob who's done a few badger, ended up putting a bell on his collar just to give them a chance of escaping, if you ring a bell at certain woods he frequented you can still see badgers running out the other end...

5 hours ago, Borr said:

I can't beat @boors joke so I'll be serious, just don't try it. Fox is also a serious risk although I have over the years bolted foxes that were in rabbit warrens (no smell or evidence of them ) on two occasions with no loss of ferrets 

• Like 2

I've bolted a stoat and numerous rats out of rabbit holes, worst was me sat inside a massive blackthorn and bramble patch watching a few nets only for rats to bolt towards me in my thorny tomb...as said avoid anything to do with badgers.

• Like 4

Bloody badgers are a pain in the arse round me, keep taking over decent rabbit holes and ruining them. What’s odd is the number of rabbits seem to live in the warren still you would think they would go the minute a badger was in the vicinity. Best to steer clear though as a badger is basically just a huge ferret really. Strong as a hell and bite to match. Despite what people claim not many dogs could face up to a badger let alone a ferret. 

On 04/01/2024 at 07:21, delonpara said:

Can a ferret beat a badger? What would happen if a ferret entered a badger's den?

You require a special strain of ferrets👍

Edited by OldPhil
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
On 07/01/2024 at 12:39, delonpara said:

What is a special type of ferret?

They work in a kinda covert manner,...they are so tiny,..that have to use special techniques to achieve their ultimate goal..👍

Edited by OldPhil
  • Haha 2