Brilliant documentary

Thanks dido, really enjoyed that. They don't make them like that anymore, last of an era ! 

On a different note, his caravan lol. Reminded me of when I was 16 and moved down south on my own for a few years flying bobs and I lived in an old ramshackle caravan just like guys. I think my cooker and grill pan was worst than his lol. I remember the toilet leaked and for 2 yrs there was a hole in the floor as big as a bucket were the chipboard floor ad rotted. It was all very character building , flying hawks , snaring,  ferreting . I even had a 12bore and no ticket.  I lived feral lol. Fek I remember the winters. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Leo Sayer said:

Thanks dido, really enjoyed that. They don't make them like that anymore, last of an era ! 

On a different note, his caravan lol. Reminded me of when I was 16 and moved down south on my own for a few years flying bobs and I lived in an old ramshackle caravan just like guys. I think my cooker and grill pan was worst than his lol. I remember the toilet leaked and for 2 yrs there was a hole in the floor as big as a bucket were the chipboard floor ad rotted. It was all very character building , flying hawks , snaring,  ferreting . I even had a 12bore and no ticket.  I lived feral lol. Fek I remember the winters. 

I lived in a caravan down south, I remember the ice inside the windows, as you say character building,when I left we burnt it down opposite Limehouse police station,feral is a good choice of word. 

• Thanks 1
27 minutes ago, mackem said:

I lived in a caravan down south, I remember the ice inside the windows, as you say character building,when I left we burnt it down opposite Limehouse police station,feral is a good choice of word. 

Feral and p***y are what my sister calls me, she's done well my sister and managed get her daughter my nease into a private school, which am sure will open avenues I never saw at her age. Anyway they live in nice part of town and av a bit of land to the House. So for Xmas as a side present I got my peace a wasp catapult and some clay ammo. So Xmas day I was in the garden teaching her to shout and my sister said o ffs we don't want her growing up feral like you did lol. She said I bet none of her school friends got a catty for Xmas.  She loved it my neace ! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
4 hours ago, Leo Sayer said:

I did a season living in a caravan. My meals were pheasant eggs and potatoes pinched out of local fields. 

I remember living at hunt kennels and the toilet freezing up 🤣. I only turned the heating on if I thought I might have female company that night 🤣. Getting a bullock in with a broken leg and fighting over the best cuts of meat. 

Brilliant times and I'd go back tomorrow 

• Like 3
On 30/12/2023 at 13:22, tatsblisters said:

Cheers DIDO really enjoyed that. He reminded me of that caracter in the first Jumanji film. lol

Nice one @DIDO.1had a 9 hour road trip the other day & just listened to the audio.

Watched some Jumangi thing the other day with my youngest will have to watch the original now.

• Like 2
13 hours ago, DIDO.1 said:

I did a season living in a caravan. My meals were pheasant eggs and potatoes pinched out of local fields. 

I remember living at hunt kennels and the toilet freezing up 🤣. I only turned the heating on if I thought I might have female company that night 🤣. Getting a bullock in with a broken leg and fighting over the best cuts of meat. 

Brilliant times and I'd go back tomorrow 

Yep back then didn't have care in the world. I remember my diet wasn't the healthiest, I add an old deepfat fryer that someone was throwing out. I deep fried everything and I don't remember it ever getting cleaned in 2yrs lol. I was 16 and didn't drive or av a car or even afford one. It was very rural where I was, so I used to walk to the farm next door and he would give me milk in a old plastic jug enough for the day. I think he felt sorry for me, I fancied his daughter but never got anywhere, but I did get permission and milk. In winter I used get up having slept in long John's as that cold and put my wellys and wax on grab the gun and walk down for the milk then come back and get back in bed to warm up.  There was a village shop about an hour away , I used walk then get a big bag of spuds to last me a week, I used put it on my shoulder and thumb a hitch hike lift, always plenty of HGV,s would stop and give me a lift. But I loved it ! And if I could turn back time I'd do it all again. Now I work 6 days a week, stress , staff problems , myther, running a small business,  a far cry from my days in the van. 

• Like 5