FISHING FOR BLUEFIN TUNA IN ENGLISH WATERS GIVEN GO-AHEAD

16 hours ago, Teckers said:

Sorry chaps late last night and flat out in work all day, I’d recommend September as a good month but believe you can fish up until November for them, weather and swell plays a massive part the calmer the better as you keep an eye for bait balls and birds feeding and that’s where you’ll find them, if it’s choppy it’s hard to see any surface action and it’s harder for the fish to see the spreader bars and lures doing they’re thing, highly recommend Sam narbett who skippers bluefin charters st ives he’s docked in Falmouth for the tuna though, we’ve been with him a few times now can’t fault him tbh, we ve booked a weekend down there again this September, a day with him and a day going out on our own boat weather permitting day after, hold tight haha, another skipper I highly recommend is rob rennie he’s out of Milford haven, mainly sharks we do with rob but he has gear for the tuna too, don’t seem to catch or see as many in the Celtic deeps as you do Cornwall though but they are there, I’ll send you they’re number if your interested chaps both good guys 

I would love a day out in September but will be salmon fishing in September,thanks for the info,I will keep an eye open for fishing reports and will give Bluefin Charters a bell to see how the fishing is a little earlier,thank you.

• Like 1

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

They’re an amazing species to fish for, unbelievable power, nothing I’ve hooked into comes anywhere close, it’s a mixture of torture and joy when you finally get one by the side of your boat lol, and

This post about a local boat just popped up on my fb

There are licence already granted I think they have started landing some this week. Think it's just one a day line caught for the  commercial license. Also some licences for tag and release. Inte

Posted Images

On 03/02/2024 at 09:42, mackem said:

I would love a day out in September but will be salmon fishing in September,thanks for the info,I will keep an eye open for fishing reports and will give Bluefin Charters a bell to see how the fishing is a little earlier,thank you.

Good luck with the salmon buddy, I try and book a good few months before hand with the sharking and tuna buddy just keep that in mind if your thinking of having a go as the better charters fill up quick even a year in advance a lot of times 

10 hours ago, Teckers said:

Good luck with the salmon buddy, I try and book a good few months before hand with the sharking and tuna buddy just keep that in mind if your thinking of having a go as the better charters fill up quick even a year in advance a lot of times 

Thanks Teckers, I will bear that in mind about advanced bookings, tight lines. 

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...
On 25/02/2024 at 22:02, South hams hunter said:

This post about a local boat just popped up on my fb

Screenshot_20240225_220142_Samsung Internet.jpg

What an amazing fish!

Shame the photos are crap!

Edited by NEWKID
12 minutes ago, South hams hunter said:

They're not allowed to boat em mate, don't think that helps

No I realise that mate, have seen some great shots beside the boat of fish though.

Not knocking anything, just would be great to see the full size/length of the fish... may have a little accident on our little boat this year...lol

20 hours ago, NEWKID said:

No I realise that mate, have seen some great shots beside the boat of fish though.

Not knocking anything, just would be great to see the full size/length of the fish... may have a little accident on our little boat this year...lol

I may have cropped the better photos with my screenshot 😅

• Haha 1