French Foreign Legion

When I went to Borstal in the early 90's,they would assign a prison officer to new arrivals, mine was a mountain of a man called Mr.Harvey(Vince), got talking as you do and explained my dad was a Para (joined in 77)and how I had obviously f****d up and wouldn't be able to join up when I got out(I was  in for firearms charges ,carrys 5 yr mandatory ban when you get out. this Mr Harvey also served with them but was discharged after the Falklands ...he joined the Legion,did 8 yrs from memory...he used to bring in old photos for me to look at of him out in the desert etc,was a sound guy tbf....thought had crossed my mind to join the legion when I got out👍 fortunately I landed an apprenticeship when I got out,and never looked back👌

And before anyone asks.....No HE did NOT touch my cock🙈😁👍

• Like 5

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Did You touch His? 🤣

School friend of mine joined,he lived with his dad when we were kids,his dad was an alcoholic and abusive,he didn’t have a good home life and certainly wasn’t academic. I left Sunderland and left th

When I went to Borstal in the early 90's,they would assign a prison officer to new arrivals, mine was a mountain of a man called Mr.Harvey(Vince), got talking as you do and explained my dad was a Para

28 minutes ago, paulus said:

There is an old book called Legionnaire, It was written  by an English bloke called Simon Murray, After some relationship trouble he went off and joined the Foreign legion. It tells of basic training, Then parachute training followed by jungle warfare training, He says that the marches during training were brutal but nothing would have prepared him for when he was posted to French Algeria to fight against those wanting independence from France, A very good read and far better than the film of the same title. 

After the war a lot off SS joined the Legion. Legionnaires swear there allegiance to to the Legion and not France, A term of service is 5 years and they will never stop looking for you if you desert, When caught after a period of shall we say retraining you then start to finish the time you have left to serve. 

Do you think they would come looking in Pennywell or Byker?

• Haha 2

Just to add,he also brought me in aload of different books to read on the legion and the forming of the Sas/Sbs ....kept me positive,I was a cheeky little 15 yr old who didn't know shit from chocolate in the real world...that Im grateful for😉👍

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
41 minutes ago, paulus said:

There is an old book called Legionnaire, It was written  by an English bloke called Simon Murray, After some relationship trouble he went off and joined the Foreign legion. It tells of basic training, Then parachute training followed by jungle warfare training, He says that the marches during training were brutal but nothing would have prepared him for when he was posted to French Algeria to fight against those wanting independence from France, A very good read and far better than the film of the same title. 

After the war a lot off SS joined the Legion. Legionnaires swear there allegiance to to the Legion and not France, A term of service is 5 years and they will never stop looking for you if you desert, When caught after a period of shall we say retraining you then start to finish the time you have left to serve. 

If they are wounded in action they get automatic French citizenship evidently.

Cheers.

My brother was in the legion and deserted and got back home. He then, somehow joined up again under a different name. He eventually got caught and jailed in french military prison. I think the actually gave him the option of seeing out his service as he'd got in twice, but he did the jail time and came home. Once back he joined the navy and then the marines, eventually becoming a paramedic. He left there and worked in UK hospitals. 

Now he's a chimney sweep. 

• Like 4
1 hour ago, Welsh_red said:

Isn't the difference between joining the foreign legion and the British army that the foreign legion will take anybody ? I could be wildly wrong tho but I watched a documentary years ago on them , it centred around a British guy who had joined years ago and if I remember correctly it was Christmas time and they made a big deal of the celebrations . I think he said anybody could join regardless of criminal past etc . Like if you were on the run for murder somewhere they would still take you 

Recently I've watched a episode or who of a American soldier who was booted from the army for something and went to the foreign legion 

They won't take murderers anymore. But at one time they didn't ask. I think today they will overlook minor crimes but today's application process is very vigorous. 

Our kid said it was a regular occurrence that Interpol would turn up in the night and people wouldn't be seen again. 

He said the British armed forces was a walk in the park afterwards 

• Like 2
1 hour ago, DIDO.1 said:

My brother was in the legion and deserted and got back home. He then, somehow joined up again under a different name. He eventually got caught and jailed in french military prison. I think the actually gave him the option of seeing out his service as he'd got in twice, but he did the jail time and came home. Once back he joined the navy and then the marines, eventually becoming a paramedic. He left there and worked in UK hospitals. 

Now he's a chimney sweep. 

Does being a wee bit unhinged run in the family? What with you f****n about with bulls in Spain and your brother apparently a bit of a masochist. Lol

Edited by jukel123
1 hour ago, steve66 said:

They wouldn’t dare step foot in pennywell 😅

Changed a lot since it was labelled one of the worst parts of the UK they bulldozed a lot of the tougher streets in pennywell and Ford,it’s quite gentrified nowadays.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, mackem said:

Changed a lot since it was labelled one of the worst parts of the UK they bulldozed a lot of the tougher streets in pennywell and Ford,it’s quite gentrified nowadays.

last time i was home mack visiting family it was barely recognisable for what i remember , nice to see my grans old tower block still standing on Hendon road 

certainly a rough place back in the day    

14 minutes ago, steve66 said:

last time i was home mack visiting family it was barely recognisable for what i remember , nice to see my grans old tower block still standing on Hendon road 

certainly a rough place back in the day    

Where did you live Steve?I was brought up initially in the Garth’s in Hendon.Pennywell is almost Bel Air nowadays.

• Like 1