Want a Boat got a £1

8 minutes ago, Stavross said:

Surely the scrap value is far more than the cost of removing it from the harbour?

Trouble is mate once you are by or on water the environmental hurdles you have to jump are ridiculous to cut anything up.

Be too big to lift and road transport otherwise I may have had a stint out of retirement ! Lol 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, WILF said:

Trouble is mate once you are by or on water the environmental hurdles you have to jump are ridiculous to cut anything up.

Be too big to lift and road transport otherwise I may have had a stint out of retirement ! Lol 

There’s a place near me that dry dock them to scrap them, a lad I know  used to work for them, there must of been good money in them because they would go to auctions around the country to buy them just to scrap, they must of had all the hazardous handling tickets ( my mate was an asbestos stripper to start with) or maybe not, because they were in Hartlepool and that place is one big landfill 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
39 minutes ago, Stavross said:

There’s a place near me that dry dock them to scrap them, a lad I know  used to work for them, there must of been good money in them because they would go to auctions around the country to buy them just to scrap, they must of had all the hazardous handling tickets ( my mate was an asbestos stripper to start with) or maybe not, because they were in Hartlepool and that place is one big landfill 

3 Rumanians and a 9 inch grinder, jobs a good un ! Lol

• Haha 3
5 hours ago, WILF said:

The temptation is strong...but the time is limited, if only we had a few extra days a week! 🤣

• Like 3

would be a small profit on it considering the work, not a lot of non ferrous mostly ferrous so by the time you pay to get to dry dock and stay within the safety laws and go through plenty  burning gear, spend most of the days making sure you men are not stealing your profit.

8 hours ago, Stavross said:

That the boat yard on way to headland? Near Brunswick and old pub on end that's gone?

• Like 1
8 hours ago, ryaldinhio said:

That the boat yard on way to headland? Near Brunswick and old pub on end that's gone?

It could of been, I know it was around the headlands, it will of been well over 15 years ago when he worked there, I’m sure when he left he went to work for Able on the river, dismantling war ships, then oil rig platforms, earning mega money