UK to phase out smoking?

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The rishi should start phasing out drug dealers, homos, trannies, animal rights activists, most of those employed in television, paedos, muslims, and any other dreg of society,  stop all foreign aid a

tell you what ...that facker needs phasing out...   next thing is he will be putting a tax on wanking....

I miss Finishing work and popping in for a quick pint and a game of pool ...few tunes on the jukebox .. Now its all cocaine,selfies and chatting shit £5 plus a pint🙄  

Posted Images

The rishi should start phasing out drug dealers, homos, trannies, animal rights activists, most of those employed in television, paedos, muslims, and any other dreg of society,  stop all foreign aid and cut taxes to 10% and he would hold onto power for decades.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

So, if this comes in, a bloke of 32 will be still able to purchase cigarettes by a bloke of 31 wont be able to? 

The wife had to see the Cardiologist last Friday, He told her she had no signs of Cardiovascular disease despite suffering 2 heart attacks this year. He then went to try to give her a lecture on giving up smoking, She stopped him dead in his tracks with her reply, She said to him. You have spent half an hour explaining to me that my attacks were stress induced and not through disease of the heart, Then you tell me to give up the one thing i have in life that reduces stress. Conversation over. see you in 6 months. 

As for these figures that smoking cost the NHS this much per year. If someone is smoking 20 cigarettes a day that means they are paying £6570 a year in extra tax times that by 50 years and the figure is £328500 at todays prices, Does smoking Really cost the NHS anything or is the Government just not distributing the tax collected from it properly?

25 minutes ago, paulus said:

So, if this comes in, a bloke of 32 will be still able to purchase cigarettes by a bloke of 31 wont be able to? 

The wife had to see the Cardiologist last Friday, He told her she had no signs of Cardiovascular disease despite suffering 2 heart attacks this year. He then went to try to give her a lecture on giving up smoking, She stopped him dead in his tracks with her reply, She said to him. You have spent half an hour explaining to me that my attacks were stress induced and not through disease of the heart, Then you tell me to give up the one thing i have in life that reduces stress. Conversation over. see you in 6 months. 

As for these figures that smoking cost the NHS this much per year. If someone is smoking 20 cigarettes a day that means they are paying £6570 a year in extra tax times that by 50 years and the figure is £328500 at todays prices, Does smoking Really cost the NHS anything or is the Government just not distributing the tax collected from it properly?

With respect to your Mrs, fags don't relieve stress. Your mind tells you that's the case, but in reality, feeding the habit,constantly thinking about your next fix,knowing the damn things are attacking your health these worries cause stress. I quit after reading Alan Carrs book 'How To Stop Smoking'. He is big on explaining that tobacco addiction does not relieve stress it causes it.

No offence to your wife,but your wife should listen to the cardiologist not 'correct' him. He knows what he is talking about. I think your better half has gone into the meeting determined not to believe what he says about smoking. It's part of the grip tobacco has on her.

I know I sound like some pompous  know all,but I've lost a lot of people to smoking. If I had my way ,all the tobacco barons should be doing serious jail time for selling their product.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, jukel123 said:

With respect to your Mrs, fags don't relieve stress. Your mind tells you that's the case, but in reality, feeding the habit,constantly thinking about your next fix,knowing the damn things are attacking your health these worries cause stress. I quit after reading Alan Carrs book 'How To Stop Smoking'. He is big on explaining that tobacco addiction does not relieve stress it causes it.

No offence to your wife,but your wife should listen to the cardiologist not 'correct' him. He knows what he is talking about. I think your better half has gone into the meeting determined not to believe what he says about smoking. It's part of the grip tobacco has on her.

I know I sound like some pompous  know all,but I've lost a lot of people to smoking. If I had my way ,all the tobacco barons should be doing serious jail time for selling their product.

Smoking actually increases my enxity ten fold

• Like 1
19 minutes ago, keepdiggin said:

Can’t see them legalising weed then 

Already legal in the UK for medical use,get a prescription and it’s delivered to your door.

6 minutes ago, jukel123 said:

It's part of the grip tobacco has 

My Mrs used to tell me about people on a cancer ward going outside the hospital in sun-zero temps in their pyjamas and dressing gown for a quick ciggie.

• Like 1

I’m an ex smoker, packed up 5 years ago for no other reason than I just didn’t like it anymore and it was silly because I was older, much less active and just couldn’t get away with it……but thank god, I’m not one of these hideous ex smokers lecturing everyone (I can find enough of that to do about almost everything else in the world ! Lol )

I have always believed that we have to draw lines in the sand but on tobacco that horse has bolted…..and also, nobody ever OD’ed on fags or sucked a cock in a bog for 20 benson.

So I think you can draw a firm distinction (imho) between fags and drugs and the drug pathway.

Fags are part of everyday life and when you allow the government to ban everyday things then it’s a a dangerous road.

We all learned that lesson with the hunting ban. 

• Like 2