Opinions

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

f***ing fruit loop🤣

If you looked after her & gave her a good life then you did her justice. Don’t listen to the story tellers and their tales of massive bags of quarry every outing. If you didn’t see it with your ow

Found the beddy/collie cross a very good cross for a bit of everything if you can get a good un bred from the right stuff there a handy cross to have about only problem is finding them not bred from s

Posted Images

2 hours ago, shaaark said:

Lurcher to lurcher, that you know has a drop of saluki blood, and that you like the look of the parents?

Or wait until mchull off here has a litter, and get a pup off him.

Dog be able to tackle anything, from mouse to moose!!  🤓

You’d do worse that that imho . Mc hull is a decent sort and he does me head in but I like what he keeps and so should most . 

I’ve got pick of the next litter that he breeds anyway , biggest dog , minimum 26in , guaranteed swamp masher . 

In keeping with the tradition of my naming policy of natural features from the local of the area. I sourced the pup ( fen , lake , Brook , cove , mere )  I’m very much looking to have “shithole “ ready to walk the big land 

• Haha 5

If I was after summat that was strictly for f***ing around on the lamp and a bit of day walking for killing not coursing , I wouldn’t be too fussed about getting summat from any type of proper breeding or percentages . I’d just want summat jank bred that’s had the hammer and lasted . 

some of the proper bred coursing stuff are too feral and Divi for the beam work whilst anything too fragile won’t take the stick . 

a decent day dog over a rough pedigree unknown lamping bitch would be my go to type for the job . 

bear in mind that the lad keeps saying he couldn’t get his first bitch right, a well bred day dog would be wasted and to be honest the good ones aren’t meant for the lamping game 

• Like 4
17 minutes ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

If I was after summat that was strictly for f***ing around on the lamp and a bit of day walking for killing not coursing , I wouldn’t be too fussed about getting summat from any type of proper breeding or percentages . I’d just want summat jank bred that’s had the hammer and lasted . 

some of the proper bred coursing stuff are too feral and Divi for the beam work whilst anything too fragile won’t take the stick . 

a decent day dog over a rough pedigree unknown lamping bitch would be my go to type for the job . 

bear in mind that the lad keeps saying he couldn’t get his first bitch right, a well bred day dog would be wasted and to be honest the good ones aren’t meant for the lamping game 

id say your sound lamping a day dog aslong as you give it a full season of daytime before any lamp 

but they now and again will do ya head on the lamp hunting about if they miss something but the good uns don’t miss much so ya laughing lol

11 minutes ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

I completely agree with the day dog sentiment, for start it would be wasted due to fact I'm not gonna be chasing the 3 from 3 and i dont want to be wasting another dog thats got so much potential. The bitch I had was bred from 2 absolute dynamite dogs and not being able to do her justice really got to me so wouldn't want to go there again. I could be completely over thinking things and in fact "any old lurcher will do". But uts been good to hear what others think. 👍

6 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

id say your sound lamping a day dog aslong as you give it a full season of daytime before any lamp 

but they now and again will do ya head on the lamp hunting about if they miss something but the good uns don’t miss much so ya laughing lol

I know what you mean but the jack of all trades stuff is nonsense , if I had a day dog any cop , the last thing I’d be doing is Mong on about with it down the beam . 

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, scottpenn28 said:

I completely agree with the day dog sentiment, for start it would be wasted due to fact I'm not gonna be chasing the 3 from 3 and i dont want to be wasting another dog thats got so much potential. The bitch I had was bred from 2 absolute dynamite dogs and not being able to do her justice really got to me so wouldn't want to go there again. I could be completely over thinking things and in fact "any old lurcher will do". But uts been good to hear what others think. 👍

Just get summat jank bred from two things that have has sone stick . But my first advice would be that I wouldn’t worry too much about what others think you do or don’t do with your dog . 

• Like 1
30 minutes ago, scottpenn28 said:

If you looked after her & gave her a good life then you did her justice. Don’t listen to the story tellers and their tales of massive bags of quarry every outing. If you didn’t see it with your own eyes don’t believe a word, that’s the best advice you’ll get going forward because it’ll let you enjoy your next dog even more.

• Like 9
29 minutes ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

I know what you mean but the jack of all trades stuff is nonsense , if I had a day dog any cop , the last thing I’d be doing is Mong on about with it down the beam . 

i normally jog em once dark mate so have a little lamp while at it and kids like a lamp aswell i enjoy the bunny’s aswell 

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, Deerhunter1 said:

If you looked after her & gave her a good life then you did her justice. Don’t listen to the story tellers and their tales of massive bags of quarry every outing. If you didn’t see it with your own eyes don’t believe a word, that’s the best advice you’ll get going forward because it’ll let you enjoy your next dog even more.

that’s it mate looked  after doing what you both enjoy your happy so is the mutt

• Like 1