What’s in the tree?

5 minutes ago, gnipper said:

The obvious guesses would be bears or raccoons but I'm guessing porcupines?

That was super quick,always go with the obvious first,family of raccoon,and your wildcard guess could have been right,a guy told me he had spotted a porcupine on that trail that’s why I was looking into the tree tops.

• Like 1
13 minutes ago, tillylamp said:

we had a family of raccoons in the back garden on the island.....mum and two young....

IMG_1022.JPG

IMG_1019.JPG

IMG_1020.JPG

Loads about at the minute Tilly,been feeding some under a tunnel,marshmallows and cat food,old guy in Cabelas told me to use marshmallows,I got a couple of Dp’s and going to get a raccoon when the weather hardens.

F479FB62-D4D0-4F68-B7D3-2498DB72DA3F.jpeg

A18EFC79-B741-4A60-8AE1-EE056E2FBB33.jpeg

• Like 1

My old lurcher tangled with 3 porcupines the first couple of years we were here before she realised not to go near them. It was no fun pulling the quills out for me or her. They call them survival food here because they are about the only thing u can catch and kill with nothing but a stick, but most people shoot them on sight due to risk to dogs and cattle....

• Like 1
8 hours ago, gazjon5 said:

My old lurcher tangled with 3 porcupines the first couple of years we were here before she realised not to go near them. It was no fun pulling the quills out for me or her. They call them survival food here because they are about the only thing u can catch and kill with nothing but a stick, but most people shoot them on sight due to risk to dogs and cattle....

Yes gaz,the only places I ever saw porcupine in the wild was India and Pakistan,an old bloke told me there was one down the trail but all I spotted was the raccoons,I don’t think ‘Er indoors would appreciate me lugging a porcupine into the kitchen,I would have a go at eating one though.

• Like 1