Switching over from lurchers to whippets

Hi all, ive always had lurchers but looking to try a whippet as i cant find decent small whippet cross types, the so called circle i was in has dried up now as the blokes that got me into it have packed up working running dogs, just wondering if any lads on here could let me know if any whippet litters are about or are planned for next year

Cheers 

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Anyone heard the  whisper about the reappearance o the bowline blood ,genuine Rudeboy lines apparently 🤔 

Just a mooching dog with the catty not that meny rabbits around me tbh more for nailing squirrels and other stuff shot with the catty no point me getting a big lurcher and end up getting in bother loo

He wants summat 2 come back he said

There's plenty litters knocking about on the likes of preloved etc varying in price from about £500 to £1500 . Look on whippet central or all whippet breeder's champdogs for litters or pre planned litters . Or try the racing clubs if there's any near you better to turn up and show your face at there meetings etc .

• Like 1

Cheeres mate, also just to let people know i live in the county of worcestershire

Ive looked on preloved and places like that, but the trouble is and i dont if if others agree but there to much of a mixture in the lurchers now days, its hard to find straight crosses anymore, 

I abit hesitent now days on going for a random litter as you dont know what your gonna get or what the dog is gonna turn out looking like 😂

5 hours ago, Keaner said:

Cheeres mate, also just to let people know i live in the county of worcestershire

Ive looked on preloved and places like that, but the trouble is and i dont if if others agree but there to much of a mixture in the lurchers now days, its hard to find straight crosses anymore, 

I abit hesitent now days on going for a random litter as you dont know what your gonna get or what the dog is gonna turn out looking like 😂

At least with a whippet pup from whippet sire and dam, you know it's going to look like a whippet!!  Lol  👍

By the way, mate, I'm not slating your choice of dog, I love whippets.

Just having a bit of a jest with you.  👍

Edited by shaaark

No probs shaark, ive always had beddy x types, something small with a good jacket and good all rounder, i just finding it hard to find them types at the minute,  most the litters ive seen lately have got about 8 breeds of dogs in them 😂

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Neal said:

I noticed a litter of cocker x whippets in Liverpool on the internet yesterday. Both parents are workers and pups raised on raw food. Sounds interesting. Don't know if the breeder is on here or not.

Seen them myself on the springer x whippet thread some one put the link up been tempted myself to enquire about one. 

• Like 1