Saluki greyhound x bedlington whippet

On 13/09/2023 at 20:04, fieldsportsman said:

Has anyone owned a saluki greyhound cross bedlington whippet or seen one work 

Not exactly bred same but my pal had a very good bitch she had deerhound in lines and all seen her do a lot of hares local fast running style but good brains 

Edited by BobDown

I am led to believe that's how the merlin and eve lines started though all them years ago was it a better type of beddy that was put into the lines i remember my old mate from London putting his first x saluki greyhound bitch to a greyhound beddy that a lad from Leicestershire had i don't know if any of the offspring made the grade but to say they were both first crosses there was a lot of variation in size i was told i sold him a brindle dog pup that had thrown to the bitch to a lad from Durham who was a mate of latchys from up there but i lost touch with them.

3 hours ago, tatsblisters said:

I am led to believe that's how the merlin and eve lines started though all them years ago was it a better type of beddy that was put into the lines i remember my old mate from London putting his first x saluki greyhound bitch to a greyhound beddy that a lad from Leicestershire had i don't know if any of the offspring made the grade but to say they were both first crosses there was a lot of variation in size i was told i sold him a brindle dog pup that had thrown to the bitch to a lad from Durham who was a mate of latchys from up there but i lost touch with them.

Good point tats

• Like 1

Would think a saluki x greyhound x beddy x greyhound could be handy, wouldn’t be keen on going to a beddy x whippet though can’t see any positives over the beddy x greyhound unless you were a rabbit man, and if that was the case why would you want any saluki in the dog to begin with

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Deerhunter1 said:

Would think a saluki x greyhound x beddy x greyhound could be handy, wouldn’t be keen on going to a beddy x whippet though can’t see any positives over the beddy x greyhound unless you were a rabbit man, and if that was the case why would you want any saluki in the dog to begin with

plenty a coursing breds kill most rabbits they run mate ? 

5 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

plenty a coursing breds kill most rabbits they run mate ? 

I agree with you any breed of lurcher within reason will kill rabbits. What I mean is if you were an out and out rabbit man who didn’t run anything else you wouldn’t have any need for saluki blood

• Like 1
1 hour ago, dodger said:

I think the right bedi and when the mix gelled right added fire n toughness?

But was it just Bedlington in those old coursing dogs or was it Norfolk aswell?

Wasn't Rilington border and lakey added Dodger