• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Have fun on the journey Taffey👍      

Posted Images

He was bred south wales cattle dog greyhound dam to cattle dog greyhound x collie greyhound 15 week s Fri coming be a mooching ferreting lamping bit of beating type knockabout lurcher hopefully very prey driven and keen good to answer etc see what future brings no pressure and no rush had the finely tuned day dogs fancied a complete change and a pleasure to own up to now lol atb taffey 

• Like 9
6 minutes ago, taffey said:

He was bred south wales cattle dog greyhound dam to cattle dog greyhound x collie greyhound 15 week s Fri coming be a mooching ferreting lamping bit of beating type knockabout lurcher hopefully very prey driven and keen good to answer etc see what future brings no pressure and no rush had the finely tuned day dogs fancied a complete change and a pleasure to own up to now lol atb taffey 

Atb wi it mate

17 hours ago, toolebox said:

OldPhil was that bitch a straight cross between a greyhound & a Aussie cattle dog ,commonly known as a Blue Heeler ?

Hi Toolbox,...yes, we bred straight half crosses for a while, and I was well satisfied with them....however I also used Hard Blood, non-ped race whippets on the first crosses,..but eventualy settled on the Red Heeler/Greyhounds, put back to a Border Collie /Greyhound....

I prefered this mix, and found that after a few litters, they all levelled out nicely.... 👍

Edited by OldPhil
  • Like 3

Some of you might be interested in a video I saw recently. It was of a pure heeler called Flint (I think) which is used as a deer dog in New Zealand. I can't remember the website but I'm sure someone else will be able to find it and put up a link. I think it was about five minutes long.