Home Euthanasia

Just now, jigsaw said:

Most definitely,.I think it may have come across a bit callous,and that was noty aim

No probs mate .It’s a bit raw for me  knowing my old terrier will be next .

Shes been one of the best I’ve owned ,loves the family and vice versa .

Just shit that they grow old out of kilter with us mate .

• Like 2

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well it went well a very professional service from Serenity vet services from Armthorpe in Doncaster the woman who administered the injection was very professional and the old dog never flinched wile

I know it's not so easy for others but it ain't about how other folk feel it's between you and your dog and the right thing to do, it's a private walk(other don't need to know the details) just two of

Buried him in the garden and planted an apple tree. Variety called Red Devil.....because he was pretty close to a devil! Definitely a character and won't be forgotten.

Posted Images

I put this girl down in the past,and together we harvested near 200 goats,a nice number of deer ,and shit loads of rabbits ,...it was mentally draining having to put her to sleep but she had very aggressive cancer ,...it was the right thing to do but not an easy thing to do ,I know what you will be facing in the future,just keep reminding yourself it's the best thing for her ....

Screenshot_2023-06-26-21-52-38-707_com.whatsapp-edit.jpg

• Like 3
16 hours ago, bird said:

ok then, you tell me exactly how shoot the dog, do you use pistol, or rifle , 2nd where do you shoot it, is just back of the head .? and is it instant  death .? like said the huntman, who work for the kennels, kill any old or injured hounds. all iknow that from the deaths of my lurchers who been pts, old bryn was last dog 18 months, it was very good gentle , different  situation  when done at the hunt kennel. i not saying it not done right, but by choice i deff use my vet again with old Buck when i have to, you can pm if you want.!   

Mate, I can only speak for myself, rifle, head,  and absolutely instant. I'd also add I'm not worth tuppence in the run up to it and I'm fcuked for a while after. I wouldn't have it any other way though and thankfully not all that often and hopefully years apart. Absolutely not knocking your way, just giving an insight into the other.

• Like 4

Well it went well a very professional service from Serenity vet services from Armthorpe in Doncaster the woman who administered the injection was very professional and the old dog never flinched wile laying in her bed in the kitchen. 

• Like 16
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, tatsblisters said:

Well it went well a very professional service from Serenity vet services from Armthorpe in Doncaster the woman who administered the injection was very professional and the old dog never flinched wile laying in her bed in the kitchen. 

That'll be a lot off your mind, how much did it cost, if you dont mind me asking

Edited by Bakerboy
  • Like 2
12 minutes ago, Bakerboy said:

That'll be a lot off your mind, how much did it cost, if you dont mind me asking

It is mate had the day off work aswell. It came to £310 though money was never the issue for the old dog. Even the wife though both of us upset said how quik and peaceful it was. Then I came out with the familiar last words when one has a dog put down no fekin more dogs for me. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

Shooting a dog is shit, mine, families or mates. I hate it. But I haven’t yet been able to bring myself to do it any other way.

Some lads are ruthless and think nothing of it. But I think the general uninitiated opinion that everyone who chooses that method is of the same mindset is way off. It’s about duty, not money.

And I’ll not judge another for choosing a vet. The consequences of emotions clouding your ability to deliver that last act are not worth the risk. Again, it’s about duty to that animals welfare.

• Like 6
6 hours ago, tatsblisters said:

That's good to hear it went as well as it could and well done Tats,you done right mate..:victory:..

• Like 2
3 hours ago, Born Hunter said:

Shooting a dog is shit, mine, families or mates. I hate it. But I haven’t yet been able to bring myself to do it any other way.

Some lads are ruthless and think nothing of it. But I think the general uninitiated opinion that everyone who chooses that method is of the same mindset is way off. It’s about duty, not money.

And I’ll not judge another for choosing a vet. The consequences of emotions clouding your ability to deliver that last act are not worth the risk. Again, it’s about duty to that animals welfare.

Spot on mate .

• 4 weeks later...
13 hours ago, ryaldinhio said:

Buried him in the garden and planted an apple tree. Variety called Red Devil.....because he was pretty close to a devil! Definitely a character and won't be forgotten.

20230721_170042.jpg

Nice touch that mate. I received a sympathy card from serenity a week after that I thought was nice of them 

20230722_065045.jpg

• Like 2