26 minutes ago, whitefeet4190 said:

I had a cottage for a week in Yorkshire and I could t 11 hares one night just in a couple of small fields surrounding the house

Good numbers, there enough round my ways just not seen them on my door step for a while. Few rabbits coming back and all nice to see 

• Like 1
5 hours ago, moonlighter said:

I’ve never seen so many hares as I have this past couple of years…. I just hope the struggle the game bird shots are having, doesn’t lead to more organised hare shoots. 

That’s good to hear , what’s crack we shoots ? There’s only one local to me more over the hill but still get enough running 

3 hours ago, BobDown said:

That’s good to hear , what’s crack we shoots ? There’s only one local to me more over the hill but still get enough running 

I’m not ? sure but basically you need a license now to rear and release birds… plus the price is going up for chicks… so a lot of shoots are packing up…. My worry is that it leaves a lot of people with guns and no pheasants to shoot… hopefully they don’t start having more hare shoots… they literally wipe them out, one near me, shot 600 over 2 days (a few years ago now mind) 

• Sad 1
48 minutes ago, moonlighter said:

I’m not ? sure but basically you need a license now to rear and release birds… plus the price is going up for chicks… so a lot of shoots are packing up…. My worry is that it leaves a lot of people with guns and no pheasants to shoot… hopefully they don’t start having more hare shoots… they literally wipe them out, one near me, shot 600 over 2 days (a few years ago now mind) 

It's a farce 

• Like 1
10 hours ago, moonlighter said:

Few yrs from now,there will be no shooting or private ownership of guns...the old,first they came for my neighbour....but i said nothing syndrome ?...I call it karma for throwing us  dog lads under the bus all those yrs ago...I for 1,wont give them another thought ...f**k em?

• Like 4
10 hours ago, moonlighter said:

Isn’t that just in Wales where you now need a license to release game birds 

10 hours ago, thefensarefarbutistillgo said:

Isn’t that just in Wales where you now need a license to release game birds 

I watched in on field sports Britain…. I thought it was in England too.. a few shots near me have folded due to the price of poults…. Which is better for me, as I have more permission because of it. 

13 hours ago, Daniel cain said:

Few yrs from now,there will be no shooting or private ownership of guns...the old,first they came for my neighbour....but i said nothing syndrome ?...I call it karma for throwing us  dog lads under the bus all those yrs ago...I for 1,wont give them another thought ...f**k em?

You could say the same about dog men (and all others) when bowhunting was thrown under the bus. The anti's will target the smaller branches until they can cut down the tree. You might not give a fk about shooting but that will be the front line before they target angling.