Young lurcher

cracker that, always lke the old rough type looking lurcher  .Just out of interest  whats the collie x grey x wheaten x gery like?, i know in general  it norm a wheaten x grey, with drop of pit in the mix, nothing wrong with that, but as just normal type  lurcher just for mooching about, thought drop of collie in any lurcher a good thing, as they great, nose, feet/coat, and stamina , well i found that with colliexs over the years .

On 23/06/2023 at 14:32, bird said:

cracker that, always lke the old rough type looking lurcher  .Just out of interest  whats the collie x grey x wheaten x gery like?, i know in general  it norm a wheaten x grey, with drop of pit in the mix, nothing wrong with that, but as just normal type  lurcher just for mooching about, thought drop of collie in any lurcher a good thing, as they great, nose, feet/coat, and stamina , well i found that with colliexs over the years .

@bird can't speak from experience but a few people I know reckoned a wheaton grey/collie grey was one of the best fox dogs they'd seen.
Up Liverpool way, smooth black dog.
A lad on here bred a litter too, he was a north east fella - said the mating worked well
Just got to hope the desired attributes fall the right way in the offspring

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, spindolero said:

@bird can't speak from experience but a few people I know reckoned a wheaton grey/collie grey was one of the best fox dogs they'd seen.
Up Liverpool way, smooth black dog.
A lad on here bred a litter too, he was a north east fella - said the mating worked well
Just got to hope the desired attributes fall the right way in the offspring

Yeh that's true, suppose that why they go back to the pit in the wheaten x grey, as on average you get that bit more grit in the mix, from pit/wheaten,. I do know from my own experience, that not all collies like the deal with old Charlie boy, etc, but maybe if just colliexgreyx wheaten x grey, it might be that bit better, it was one the reasons I went for the gsd xgrey, they deff got more grit than your average colliexgreyx, well my big dog had.Buck ?