New Impact .177 sub 12

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'll be interested to hear what you both think of it mate - not many people like them. I like the gas ram lightnings

I agree with you Jimmy, I would never buy a sub 12 version, what is the point of all that adjustment for sub 12, it is a gun designed for full power not 12fpe. Phil

Had more or less the same trouble with my 177 impact  Put every pellet going in her to have the same results  The heavys are Nearther good at longer distances as short distances  Mind b

Posted Images

On 08/07/2023 at 17:15, j j m said:

ive just bought one in 177 pellet on pellet at 35 yards and i usually wont touche 177,still not a patch on my 22 cricket compact

In what way if it's pellet on pellet Billy.

• 2 weeks later...

The final outcome.

Sportsman could find no fault then after a further chat with my pal, they went back into their test range and the gun was producing a shotgun pattern. They changed every part they could but nothing stopped the issue to the point that FX told the Sportsman to scrap that gun.  Two new guns are being sent to the rfd next week and my pal is to pick one of them.  I have to say that the rfd has not done a good job in terms of reporting the issues as Sportsman tech team were unaware of some of the problems.

With a bit of luck, this should be an end to this on going saga which started 12 weeks ago with the slow delivery from Sweden then three return trips to Sportsman and now the wait for the replacement.  My pal has vowed this will be the last gun he buys from this dealer and a trip up to either Pickering guns or Redbeck is on the cards, an AGT is next on the listing.

Phil

The final chapter :-

Two new Impact Mk3 guns arrived today at the rfd, both were checked for power through the chrono, 11.5 average.  200 JSb pellets and my good friend is over the moon with pellet on pellet grouping...........................................thank fcuk for that so on the ferals tonight.

• Thanks 1
11 hours ago, foxdropper said:

That’s a proper ball ache mate .They really don’t do themselves any favours .I’ve had dealings with the shop our way and never satisfactory tbh .Wont use them again .

If there was another way to buy some of the guns and gear, we would but they now have so many brands, it is very difficult not to deal with them. I am just pleased for my friend now all is good and as an afternote he bagged 2 ferals, 3 woodies and 3 crows on the first time out and only out for an hour before the activity dried up so he is a happy chappy.

Phil

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...

I cannot believe I am following this thread up with more bad news. After setting the new gun zero at 25mt, and taking my pal to go for a few ferals which he did well and built his confidence up after all the issues, today was the first day he has had free so off to one of our perms to work on holdover positions BUT checking zero at 25mt, the pellet was not even on the paper and in fact it was shooting approx 6'' low and to the left.  My pal thought he must have nudged the scope either putting it in it's case or taking it out so time to set zero again.................................. not possible to get two pellets within 20mm of eachother.  

He packed it all away and off to the rfd who tested it on the Skan chrono,   15 pellets and no two the same, 9.3 - 11.6fpe.  Needless to say the rfd had a few shots in their range, pellets were not feeding properly and a perfect shotgun pattern.  After several very heated phone calls to Sportsman from the rfd and my pal, they were told to stick it where the sun don't shine. My pal was told it sounds like a reg issue............................they have had quite a few reg problems with the Impact, NOW they say.

Bottom line, the gun is being returned to sportsman and a new Crown is being given with cash adjustment plus an extra mag, the crown uses a different reg so hopfully no problems but we wait with a certain concern as to the outcome.  Now 4 months since this first started, not good enough in my book.

Phil

• Like 1

Ethan has just bought a new bsa lightening in 22 off them I just hope it is good or I'll be taking it back in person to them 

I'm sure it was off them he has not tested yet as he has been working 

I'm going to take him out this week end and put it thro it's paces 

Atvbjimmy 👍👍👍

• Like 2
32 minutes ago, bigmac 97kt said:

Ethan has just bought a new bsa lightening in 22 off them I just hope it is good or I'll be taking it back in person to them 

I'm sure it was off them he has not tested yet as he has been working 

I'm going to take him out this week end and put it thro it's paces 

Atvbjimmy 👍👍👍

I'll be interested to hear what you both think of it mate - not many people like them. I like the gas ram lightnings :thumbs:

• Like 3
17 hours ago, philpot said:

I cannot believe I am following this thread up with more bad news. After setting the new gun zero at 25mt, and taking my pal to go for a few ferals which he did well and built his confidence up after all the issues, today was the first day he has had free so off to one of our perms to work on holdover positions BUT checking zero at 25mt, the pellet was not even on the paper and in fact it was shooting approx 6'' low and to the left.  My pal thought he must have nudged the scope either putting it in it's case or taking it out so time to set zero again.................................. not possible to get two pellets within 20mm of eachother.  

He packed it all away and off to the rfd who tested it on the Skan chrono,   15 pellets and no two the same, 9.3 - 11.6fpe.  Needless to say the rfd had a few shots in their range, pellets were not feeding properly and a perfect shotgun pattern.  After several very heated phone calls to Sportsman from the rfd and my pal, they were told to stick it where the sun don't shine. My pal was told it sounds like a reg issue............................they have had quite a few reg problems with the Impact, NOW they say.

Bottom line, the gun is being returned to sportsman and a new Crown is being given with cash adjustment plus an extra mag, the crown uses a different reg so hopfully no problems but we wait with a certain concern as to the outcome.  Now 4 months since this first started, not good enough in my book.

Phil

That's a shame mate - a shitter like that can knock your confidence for a while.

I hope the Crown is spot on 🤞🏻

23 hours ago, philpot said:

Phil

I believe the reg is the same for both guns