UK has a very complicated system for firearms permission. Then I need a firearm here in Sweden I fill in an internet form for the rifle/gun i need (need is for hunting or competition shooting) send it in wait 4-6weeks and gets my firearm license. The firearm officer may have some questions if you want something unusual but mostly they just give you your permit if you have hunting education or are a member of a sportclub. 

19 hours ago, The one said:

They can have all the training they want , most shooting are with illegal guns penalising cert holders wont help 

This has been the case for ever, yet every time there is an incident FAC holders risk tighter control, it makes no sense, other than the fact we are an easy touch.

The Police should focus their activities on ILLEGALLLY held gun crime (estimated to be between 98-99% of gun crime) rather than clobber us every time. Jo public doesn't seem to get it either, all they ever do is bay for tighter Gun Control (usually spurred on by the media), someone needs to tell them it isn't us!!!!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
3 hours ago, Deker said:

This has been the case for ever, yet every time there is an incident FAC holders risk tighter control, it makes no sense, other than the fact we are an easy touch.

The Police should focus their activities on ILLEGALLLY held gun crime (estimated to be between 98-99% of gun crime) rather than clobber us every time. Jo public doesn't seem to get it either, all they ever do is bay for tighter Gun Control (usually spurred on by the media), someone needs to tell them it isn't us!!!!

But unfortunately two shooting’s I know of in the past few years have involved FAC holders . 

I personally believe that you won't be able to own  a firearm or shotgun in 10 yrs unless your a farmer of livestock,or the police...the amount of illegal firearms available on the street is a joke and there's no shortage of people stealing legal guns to arm the criminal's...the sentences are a f***ing joke too and need looking at...

let's be honest,the government would like nothing more than everyone in this country reliable on the state for your food or handouts from foodbanks,they don't want us able to feed ourselves..that's why the rivers are being killed off and they tell us not to eat shellfish etc from our waters...been telling us the bullshit for  30 yrs...all part of their plan...enjoy what we have left, because it will be coming to an end shortly ?

• Like 2

I have said for a long time that private gun ownership will cease in the not too distant future. 

I believe that ownership will only be allowed if needed for your employment i.e farmers , pest controllers , deer managers etc.

The likes of you and me who are recreational will not be permitted. 

Enjoy it while you can , I'm lucky I've had 40 years of it but the youngsters of today need to get out as much as possible. 

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

just heard lots of good news about this.lead ban is a go and will happen,costs are going to go up a lot.people are not being told about the fact that lets say a doctor gave you medication that is for depression but you where not being treated for that yet if you go to medicert they can interperate this as you having depression and then when you do not put this on your form you will not get a licence.renewals will be 6 months minimum.the future in not great and all is being done to stop it and that includes the likes of the nra that have told the police there is no place for lets say semi auto firearms of any calibre in the uk.we are being forced to stop like no other sport.