lack of rabbits

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Warning, if you have a few rabbits, best get into em because once RHD arrives it will blow an awful lot down, up to over 90%. This is why I've read many comments on about "oh there were a few rabbits

I'm not against airgunners but once the warm weather comes there out in Force all over the country on the rabbits I'd of thought they'd be more on with rats greys pigeons n crows etc, problem is alot

This time of yr,I only take the odd rabbit with wires or the odd duck/squirrel/wood pigeon with a catty , purely for fresh ferret food(freezers always full with what we catch through the season and th

Posted Images

On 20/06/2023 at 21:02, EDDIE B said:

Seemingly young rabbits are unaffected by RHD, but once mature, they succum to the virus. That is why it often looks like a recovery, but it's short lived.

That is fact and happens often here in New Zealand ,for the most part the break out is in the cooler months of autumn and early winter.

On 23/06/2023 at 18:41, Daniel cain said:

Still good numbers of what look like good healthy rabbits local to us...?they still a few about come the season.DSC_3814.JPG.75200f1d16bdcf7302050413f1ba256e.JPG

Plenty of suitable cover for rabbits there Daniel cain along with plenty of scope would keep a man busy for a long time ..

• 3 weeks later...

My angling club has just rented a new bit of water, so my son and i went down for a recce and a fish last night. We saw 4 rabbits on the way down and 6 on the way back,(all in different areas) that's the most I've seen in one night in my area for over 15 years!!! ...ps we also caught a 4lb brown trout and saw 2 hedgehogs! 

Cheers. Aled 

Edited by Aled
  • Like 3