6 hours ago, Greyman said:

Your talking to the bloke that had the only nesting bramblings in the uk in his back yard as well not just one but two or three pairs also probably never recorded before, bit of a pattern emerging, nice one on your cuckoo knowledge mate you’ve obviously spent a fair bit of time studying them I,m always around water so I guess most of what I,m seeing is based around there relationship with the warbler family, really interesting bird been good to see and here quite a few around me this year 

Who said there was more than one brambling ffs .No wonder the cat threads are in a mess whenever you have an input lol.mint .Doing your best to look like the nature guru lol whilst lying again .

Nature does  what it wants not what boffins tell it and certainly way more than your limited experience lol.Get that in the pickled noodle and you’ll do just fine lol.

In areas where host species are few they do the choosing Paul if that’s ok with you ,lol,not boffins .Strange that every county has cuckoos but not all have many of the regular hosts lol.
How about my offer Paul or is it all hot air and spliffs .

Heres the post Paul just to refresh your  pickled brain .

“We get the odd blackcap on the feeders and a more aggressive bird you’ve yet to find for it’s size .Makes a robin look like an angel .

Saw a brambling yesterday and found a wagtails nest 3 eggs .Always good to just sit and watch especially killing squigs at same time .”

The old timers is getting worse Paul lol.

Be aliens and big foot next .lol.mint .

Your getting worse at bullshitting Paul.

• Haha 1

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If your asking about the fishing comp so you can turn up and have a tear up or a row then your being a bit of a wanker Tim as that comp is a get together for a good time,to remember and talk about pas

Meanwhile on the moor, a cuckoo, albeit a shite photo of one ?? 

It can take around 8 seconds for the cuckoo to lay her egg. She won’t “buzz “ overhead, but sometimes flies over the moor looking for reactions from the pipits, the idea is to get in and out unseen, a

Posted Images

5 hours ago, foxdropper said:

Just so anyone  else dosnt look  a div  here’s a couple of pics of cuckoos parasitising thrushes .Educating turnips appears a full time job .

IMG_3799.jpeg.fe01061aa3a631967dbce7124e9aaa82.jpegIMG_3798.jpeg.9956e548eca03ee5261c876f8e6027a6.jpegIMG_3797.jpeg.b901faad8764c46b8ed11367443d3ba8.jpeg

Need to try harder mate, that’s not a UK Cuckoo or Thrush, am sure there are pics out there but that’s not ..what nest is the bottom left out of interest ?

• Haha 1
5 hours ago, foxdropper said:

Who said there was more than one brambling ffs .No wonder the cat threads are in a mess whenever you have an input lol.mint .Doing your best to look like the nature guru lol whilst lying again .

Nature does  what it wants not what boffins tell it and certainly way more than your limited experience lol.Get that in the pickled noodle and you’ll do just fine lol.

In areas where host species are few they do the choosing Paul if that’s ok with you ,lol,not boffins .Strange that every county has cuckoos but not all have many of the regular hosts lol.
How about my offer Paul or is it all hot air and spliffs .

Heres the post Paul just to refresh your  pickled brain .

“We get the odd blackcap on the feeders and a more aggressive bird you’ve yet to find for it’s size .Makes a robin look like an angel .

Saw a brambling yesterday and found a wagtails nest 3 eggs .Always good to just sit and watch especially killing squigs at same time .”

The old timers is getting worse Paul lol.

Be aliens and big foot next .lol.mint .

Your getting worse at bullshitting Paul.

Maybe talking in general terms :whistling:

IMG_0378.png

• Haha 2
9 hours ago, bell said:

Need to try harder mate, that’s not a UK Cuckoo or Thrush, am sure there are pics out there but that’s not ..what nest is the bottom left out of interest ?

Lol .Not quite the ornithologist you thought you were eh mate .Juvenile cuckoo and female blackbird , member of the thrust family .Is there such thing as a uk cuckoo seeing as they migrate to Africa for our winter ?

Ill leave the nest ID to you mate lol.Maybe you can enlighten us ,mint .

• Haha 1
On 13/05/2023 at 13:03, tatsblisters said:

Sadly not heard one around me this year nor have i seen any skylarks.

Up piley back  of Mercedes  factory  in a big flower meadow  every  year if ya fancy having a  wander up

• Like 1
3 hours ago, foxdropper said:

Check out Google mate seeing as stats are your thing lol.

Need to try harder if you want to get one over me ,lol,mint .

Oh yes google mate..of course…even minter :thumbs:

• Haha 6
13 hours ago, bell said:

3 hours ago, foxdropper said:

Lol .Not quite the ornithologist you thought you were eh mate .Juvenile cuckoo and female blackbird , member of the thrust family .Is there such thing as a uk cuckoo seeing as they migrate to Africa for our winter ?

I’ll leave the nest ID to you mate lol.Maybe you can enlighten us ,mint .

Sorry mate, i thought you said it was a pic of a thrush ……it isn’t …….what’s the bottom left nest mate ?…..genuinely interested….you’ve dragged it off google so must know ?…

• Like 2
1 hour ago, bell said:

Sorry mate, i thought you said it was a pic of a thrush ……it isn’t …….what’s the bottom left nest mate ?…..genuinely interested….you’ve dragged it off google so must know ?…

19 hours ago, foxdropper said:

Just so anyone  else dosnt look  a div  here’s a couple of pics of cuckoos parasitising thrushes .Educating turnips appears a full time job .

IMG_3799.jpeg.fe01061aa3a631967dbce7124e9aaa82.jpegIMG_3798.jpeg.9956e548eca03ee5261c876f8e6027a6.jpegIMG_3797.jpeg.b901faad8764c46b8ed11367443d3ba8.jpeg

Mate, i thought you were some sort of proper countryman, if you dont know what the nests are then just say……and by the way, its a red chested cuckoo and the bird feeding it ain’t no thrush or a female blackbird…..:victory:

• Like 4
  • Haha 1
30 minutes ago, bell said:

Mate, i thought you were some sort of proper countryman, if you dont know what the nests are then just say……and by the way, its a red chested cuckoo and the bird feeding it ain’t no thrush or a female blackbird…..:victory:

Red-chested cuckoo juvenile being fed by a Karoo thrush host, Modimolle, South Africa. [photo Warwick Tarboton ©]

Cheers Arry

• Like 2
  • Haha 4
7 hours ago, bell said:

Ain’t no thrush lol.
Mate the family of thrushes encompasses over 300 species .Cuckoos parasites thrush’s end of .

• Haha 2