Open water swimming

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

the Mrs goes quite a bit...this is her in one of the pools up snowdon

The babies were swimming and kayaking in the tavy yesterday; was too cold for my liking but they had a good 2 hours in there               

nah....i will pass on that....this is the river not far from me which is salt/fresh tidal water in the winter and -25 degrees..... they do have a polar bear swims at christmas time that we use to

Posted Images

I don't do getting wet in rivers a sea, spent all my time fishing trying to stay dry and not fall in.

My Lad and his Wife on the other hand go wild swimming at lease once a week in the river Dart on the edge of Dartmoor rain shine sleet or snow. They keep records of the temperature, told me it was just 3 degrees at times. f**k that !

Cheers Arry

• Like 5
14 hours ago, dodger said:

I don't think I'd fancy it in winter lol

Apparently thats when it works best.Something to do with endorphins and getting a rush.Shes tried getting me to go a few times but nah it aint a bit of me either.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, downsouth said:

Apparently thats when it works best.Something to do with endorphins and getting a rush.Shes tried getting me to go a few times but nah it aint a bit of me either.

Me neither lol but like you say they do say it's beneficial 

I be ok if don't go above the waste lol

2 hours ago, dodger said:

I remember you saying years ago that the cold water is good after gym n stuff but not for the faint hearted that palava lol

It's not for me mate...her indoors loves it ..I got in as well...went down to my shoulders for about 2 seconds..then promptly got out...even though that was September that water was freezing straight off snowdon 

She done some of those new years days swims as well...

• Like 1

Not quite the same admittedly but ive done a few gym workouts before and got into an ice bath after....only did it because most of the modern young trainers/conditioners reckon its the bees knees and standard practise these days....but no f**k that for a game of soldiers id rather the winter river/sea thing,just as long as my feet can touch the ground ?

nah....i will pass on that....this is the river not far from me which is salt/fresh tidal water in the winter and -25 degrees.....

they do have a polar bear swims at christmas time that we use to go an watch....mind you we always stood around a massive firepit....lol 

nice in the summer though the bass come in up to 30-40lb....

IMG_1383.JPG

IMG_1390.JPG

IMG_1399.JPG

IMG_1400.JPG

• Like 11