Pure greyhound bitch

They was alot better back in the day imo just to big now n bred to run in straight lines but note how in this video some could course quite well, yeh most get blown away in the second part of the vid once they hit the winter wheat but still a few handy greyhounds on there imo..

• Like 1

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Someone off here had her sister off me a few months ago and his mate is now having this one, they have both gone to racing homes and will get well looked after and hopefully make stars on the track 

The Mutton Cup   Single handed comp rules    100 yard minimum sportsmans slips, not permitted on the plough, soppy seed only    Only original sheep counts if a straggler

Just starting 2 get the nack of pulling um over 

Posted Images

23 minutes ago, dodger said:

I've kept  racing and  coursing greyhounds and the racers were generally better as hunting dogs after retirement.  Smaller, more agile  and as I kept stayers  having better  stamina. 

As the coursing is now pretty  much Park coursing where they sprint 200 meters in a straight line I reckon things would  not have improved. 

greys.jpg.dba845d269771dd04b7b4b0500a0cfcc.jpg

Ps not one of the courses in the  video would have been  long enough to have been deemed judgable in Spain. 

Edited by sandymere
  • Like 1

Both my last first cross deer/greys had the same sire line deerhounds, but Lima was out of a racing bred greyhound bitch, a litter sister to Westmead Hawk, and Nancy is out of an Irish coursing greyhound bitch, sired by the Irish coursing champion Mafi Magic.

They are very similar, in conformation and running style, if anything, Nancy, the coursing bred bitch, is quicker off the mark, not sure about stamina yet; Lima had very good stamina, Nancy is still young.

Deer/greys usually throw true to type in temperament but Lima was very laid back, whereas Nancy can be a bit flighty, like a greyhound.

Cheers.

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Black neck said:

Enjoyed that ? 

Nice to see the family's there n kids beating and watching in the crowd..

Some nice 80s cars aswell few capri's etc nice bit of nostalgia good era to grow up in the 80s I think..

• Like 5
5 hours ago, dodger said:

Nice to see the family's there n kids beating and watching in the crowd..

Some nice 80s cars aswell few capri's etc nice bit of nostalgia good era to grow up in the 80s I think..

It was civilised, blokes necking chatea d chatealur straight out the bottle then jumping in the capri and bezzin off like the sweeny  ,alas different times

• Haha 2