Pure greyhound bitch

7 minutes ago, dodger said:

Tbh I would never touch anything with more than a slice of greyhound in but I have one now with 1/2 and must say I'm really happy with her gives me some good sport.

Iv seen a couple of pure greyhounds that were quite handy aswell

If you get a real game greyhound bitch,they put lots of drive and fire into litters,if you like fast pace and lightning fast reaction then they bring that to the table also,I like a bit of everything,not just running hares,as an all round sporting animals ,a dollop of greyhound is the key I believe,and it steadies the offspring down to with decent obedience added....but that's just my view

• Like 5

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Someone off here had her sister off me a few months ago and his mate is now having this one, they have both gone to racing homes and will get well looked after and hopefully make stars on the track 

The Mutton Cup   Single handed comp rules    100 yard minimum sportsmans slips, not permitted on the plough, soppy seed only    Only original sheep counts if a straggler

Just starting 2 get the nack of pulling um over 

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, jigsaw said:

If you get a real game greyhound bitch,they put lots of drive and fire into litters,if you like fast pace and lightning fast reaction then they bring that to the table also,I like a bit of everything,not just running hares,as an all round sporting animals ,a dollop of greyhound is the key I believe,and it steadies the offspring down to with decent obedience added....but that's just my view

?

7 minutes ago, jigsaw said:

i’ve been there jig half breds good bitch kill everything apart from the real good hares great lampers but a good coursing bred is a better animal all round bar fox i find 

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

i’ve been there jig half breds good bitch kill everything apart from the real good hares great lampers but a good coursing bred is a better animal all round bar fox i find 

Wouldn’t say so mate I reckon a coursing bred only has the edge on hares, everything else they’ll come second to a good purpose bred saluki x lurcher mix, but there’s nothing wrong with that they are only bred for hares after all

Edited by Deerhunter1
2 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

I'm not looking for the best dog in the country at this time in my life,...I won't get too depressed if a hare or three escapes,once I get a bit of sport and the dog doesn't pull up or curs on me ,I'll take it all day long 

• Like 6
4 minutes ago, Deerhunter1 said:

Wouldn’t say so mate I reckon a coursing bred only has the edge on hares, everything else they’ll come second to a good purpose bred saluki x lurcher mix, but there’s nothing wrong with that they are only bred for hares after all

if you say so mate a good coursing bred will kill everything well 

• Haha 1
3 minutes ago, jigsaw said:

I'm not looking for the best dog in the country at this time in my life,...I won't get too depressed if a hare or three escapes,once I get a bit of sport and the dog doesn't pull up or curs on me ,I'll take it all day long 

you’ll find one mate more greyhound give you a dog that isn’t as highly strung and prey driven be easier to live with 

1 minute ago, mC HULL said:

you’ll find one mate more greyhound give you a dog that isn’t as highly strung and prey driven be easier to live with 

I've had a few allready, and I've had Lucas bred stuff,that were deadly on lots of stuff,....I'm in no hurry to get one at the moment as I'm getting good craic with the kelpies now ,I'd rather a bit of greyhound blood in my next one or lurcher x lurcher,...but next year will do if nothing turns up

13 minutes ago, jigsaw said:

I've had a few allready, and I've had Lucas bred stuff,that were deadly on lots of stuff,....I'm in no hurry to get one at the moment as I'm getting good craic with the kelpies now ,I'd rather a bit of greyhound blood in my next one or lurcher x lurcher,...but next year will do if nothing turns up

i like the look a sonic was it seemed a good un the half bred i had was good day or night had some great fun was a nasty bitch but capable 

• Like 1

I'd be very happy with something similar,sonic was a very special dog for my son and I,he was like a tank when at full speed,and reasonably fearless,I saw him getting bad eatings at times and was cringing in case he's back off but never did,he took a plethora of quarry,at times found his own stuff and flushed them and ran them ...

• Like 5
On 07/05/2023 at 19:32, Black neck said:

Sound cheers 

Alas I see a twinkle in your eyes and slight look of envy upon your face,said planned breeding would be a blessing to thee

On 07/05/2023 at 19:46, jigsaw said:

My family originate from carlow in Ireland they used to have the greyhounds that weren't up to what was expected any way most of these dogs turned out decent hare dogs and would regularly fill the pot for the family different times then though,but 1st time I saw a straight greyhound ran I was more then shocked at the drive it had and obviously the speed and her eye sight was amazing spotting things the other dogs hadn't decent little bitch she was my mate paid 50 for her as a pup 

• Like 3
4 hours ago, Penda said:

Alas I see a twinkle in your eyes and slight look of envy upon your face,said planned breeding would be a blessing to thee

The wheels are in motion just need a certain dosser on board

• Haha 1