Lamped fox vs daytime fox

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Day time for me ! Iv seen some insane runs in the day and Iv had to close my eyes a few times while there running , bolting them from cover to waiting lurchers and lamping probably equal but for the l

I think catching them regularly from cover in the daytime is harder than lamping imo....I like to walk the old quarrys at first light, usually put a few up and get a few runs?

Good post,  never really gone out just for foxes, old Bryn my 1x collie grey could find them in the day, but didn't like the sharp end , Buck could find them in the day as well. Where ever he got them

2 hours ago, Black neck said:

Dingos can go abit 

would have thought , most dingos  are in a pack, and would fight any dog when in numbers. i remember few years back talking to a bloke on the Oz site, about using pure apbts on wild hogs, he said lot of well bred ( game bred ) pits would try to fight the hog, instead of  trying to kill it , not many would just lock on and hold it, there fight fooker his words lol.  he was using old English whites  abd x pits , or working  scot  line abd. he said they  try kill the hog if not to big, or hold them by the ear, until  the hunter to finish it off. he did say to me as well , they killed few wild dogs as well, but had to be careful , as the dogs soon regroup to kill  the dog, they were clever and deadly . it have to be real good  bullx grey kill a dingo, they come 22-24 in 40 - 60lb , alot bigger than fookin  18lb fox lol  

Went pig hunting with a mate years ago in pines and his dogs ran into a family of feral dogs with pups. His dogs were the old type mastiff/bull terriers and they killed the lot of the ferals including pups. The noise was terrible. These same dogs ignored domestic pet dogs.

On 05/05/2023 at 22:21, keepdiggin said:

Didn’t he run any stag hounds with them

He was a dairy farmer that ran beef cattle in the scrub country around the farm. his life was the cattle and his working dogs . when mustering cattle for the srub the dogs were expected to through the gullies to push the steers out this is where the dogs would get caught and bashed by the dingoes. as you can imagine it really turned them off going into the gullies to do their work.

• Like 1
On 06/05/2023 at 04:17, sionnach99 said:

How big do dingoes get? Could you run one with a good lump of a bull x on one or would the just get mangled? 

They can range from 24 at the shoulder to 28 inches tts they have a broad head and a stronger jaw than most dogs they are very smart but like most wild animals they tend not to just through themselves into every fight unless they thing they have the advantage theres not vet to clean up wounds they might sustane . A cousin of mine was running his pigs dogs and caught a good sow it squealed its head off which is like ringing the dinner bell. dingos came and attached the dogs they were bully stags and boxer cattles the dingos left minus a few of their numbers.

Edited by stevemac