• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Having a clear out lads.  Had enough of the constant price rises and pressures strategically applied by this shit show of a government so me and the misus are working towards selling up and going off

Good luck mate?.... I plan to do the same in a few yrs...sell everything off when we hit  50,go back to basics,Myself,Mrs and a small whippet type,new motorhome and away...f**k the Rat Race and t

So basically you went on holiday? 

Posted Images

Just now, ryaldinhio said:

Bit of tidying up and it should be going on market this summer if my current plans come off.

Not sure where to list it, I was thinking in Miscelaneous section? ?

It’s a shame mate with all the effort you put in with the pond etc 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, foxdropper said:

Good luck mate .Chuck the electronics away as well mate .

In general they are going, agreed no TV and shite in van when we go, but will keep phone/laptop as I can do odd day consultant work that will make me really good money to help whilst we get set up.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
1 minute ago, keepdiggin said:

It’s a shame mate with all the effort you put in with the pond etc 

Well, it just so happens one of the pieces of land I am in negotiations for has a bigger pond on it that is chocked with weed so I'm planning in getting digger in and clearing that out then moving my fish. ?

I never thought I would leave this place but as much as I love it, it's only a pile of bricks. So long as my misus and kids are with me anywhere can become home.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

Good luck mate?....

I plan to do the same in a few yrs...sell everything off when we hit  50,go back to basics,Myself,Mrs and a small whippet type,new motorhome and away...f**k the Rat Race and this shithole?

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

Good luck , it’s true it’s only brick n mortar and memories that can me started again. We are getting raped her now with tax etc. I’ve come to the conclusion if you haven’t used something for a while you prob don’t need it so get rid. I’ve got fuking tons and tons of bollocks around me . Like yourself I’m looking to down scale, be hard to sell this gaff as we’ve been here 40 yrs and it’s a nice spot. Hope some one with dollar will pay good money for it. Sell early give the kids thier money now so avoid tax and enjoy life. Hope you find a nice plot mate, sounds like a good / exciting journey.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
12 minutes ago, Qbgrey said:

Good luck , it’s true it’s only brick n mortar and memories that can me started again. We are getting raped her now with tax etc. I’ve come to the conclusion if you haven’t used something for a while you prob don’t need it so get rid. I’ve got fuking tons and tons of bollocks around me . Like yourself I’m looking to down scale, be hard to sell this gaff as we’ve been here 40 yrs and it’s a nice spot. Hope some one with dollar will pay good money for it. Sell early give the kids thier money now so avoid tax and enjoy life. Hope you find a nice plot mate, sounds like a good / exciting journey.

Thanks mate. Where we are is a nice place, down a dirt track on edge of a farming village with decent plot, next door 500yard down lane, surrounded by fields etc but still got to sell 90% of my concious life to pay for it. The only thing that was holding me back is if it didn't work work we would never get a place like this again which is why I want to get the ball rolling before we sell if possible. Still need some security for a young family.?

• Like 1
21 minutes ago, ryaldinhio said:

Thanks mate. Where we are is a nice place, down a dirt track on edge of a farming village with decent plot, next door 500yard down lane, surrounded by fields etc but still got to sell 90% of my concious life to pay for it. The only thing that was holding me back is if it didn't work work we would never get a place like this again which is why I want to get the ball rolling before we sell if possible. Still need some security for a young family.?

Understand that , when it’s gone it’s gone, I’m the same I know 100% I will regret selling this as I will never get anything like it , or be able to afford it. But no point slaving all our lives need to move on and create a nice warm , cosy heat efficient home .my kids will loose this place to inheritance tax once I’m in the tomb position anyway.

• Like 1